|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alfred returns home in Chapter 6, who questions him regarding his whereabouts and asks if he has been out all night?
2. Where does Alfred go to find his friend in Chapter 1?
(a) The orphanage.
(b) A clubhouse.
(d) The police station.
3. Where did Robert Lipsyte grow up?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Queens, New York.
4. In what neighborhood of New York does Alfred live?
(b) Greenwich Village.
5. In Chapter 4, Alfred, his cousins and his aunt take the subway and a bus where to visit relatives?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Newark, New Jersey.
(c) Hoboken, New Jersey.
(d) Jamaica, Queens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the character of Alfred at the beginning of the novel?
2. What profession did Robert Lipsyte's father hold?
3. With whom does James go to rob the store in Chapter 1?
4. What caused the limp that Henry has in the novel?
5. What is Alfred's last name?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)