• In Chapter 1, Alfred is on the stoop of his aunt's house waiting for his friend James to show up; they are supposed to go to the movies together, but James is late.
• Part of Alfred is conflicted because although they have been friends since they were young, he doesn't like James' choice of new friends.
• Alfred goes down into a clubhouse in a dark basement where he finds James with two other guys named Hollis and Sonny.
• As Alfred tries to defend his boss, he inadvertently lets the others know that there is still money in the cash register while the man is off worshiping at the synagogue.
• Alfred refuses to go with them to rob the store and heads home; as he is walking, he remembers that there is a silent alarm the others wouldn't know about.
• One of the three is taken by the...
This section contains 2,459 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)