|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
2. What do the states that make up the U.S. constitute?
3. The federal government is based on the concept that it should benefit the majority, which means what?
4. Powers denied the Congress are in which section of Act I?
5. What is one check on the President held by the Congress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the first plan for national government in the U.S.?
2. Who gets credit for writing the Constitution?
3. Do Americans live in a democracy or a republic?
4. Over what types of cases do federal courts have jurisdiction?
5. What is the branch of government that the authors of the Constitution detail in Article III?
6. What are the four parts of the Constitution?
7. What were the three main issues that had to be agreed upon at the Constitutional Convention?
8. How is it that the U.S. government is seen to operate in the best interests of its citizens?
9. What does Amendment 27 arrange for?
10. What right does Amendment 19 afford?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What powers is Congress denied?
Essay Topic 2
How did the delegates resolve the problem of having the states maintain specific important powers while simultaneously establishing a strong federal government?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the first ten amendments of the Constitution called the Bill of Rights?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)