|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
2. Cullop asserts which term for American government is correct?
3. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
4. The President is charged with ensuring what?
5. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the three main issues that had to be agreed upon at the Constitutional Convention?
2. What is the reason this book's author believes there have been only 27 amendments to the Constitution in over 200 years?
3. What are the four parts of the Constitution?
4. What right does Amendment 19 afford?
5. What happens to those voting for candidates who receive a minority of the votes?
6. What does Amendment 27 arrange for?
7. What does Amendment 23 lay out?
8. In what manner may the President request to be replaced by an acting President?
9. What happens should a senator die or for some reason vacates the office?
10. What is congressional immunity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the delegates resolve the problem of having the states maintain specific important powers while simultaneously establishing a strong federal government?
Essay Topic 2
What is the procedure for amending the Constitution?
Essay Topic 3
What are reasons that the Constitution of the U.S. is the oldest living written constitution in the world?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)