|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
2. The President is afforded the ability to set up a Cabinet of advisers including how many members?
3. Elections give all citizens the opportunity to make their voices known, and to choose the official that would do what?
4. What is one check on the Congress held by the Supreme Court?
5. What form of government is defined as representative?
Short Essay Questions
1. What punishment may an official suffer subsequent to impeachment?
2. Amendment 3 affords civilians what protection?
3. What do the final three sections of Article I delineate?
4. How is the main body of the Constitution of the U.S. divided?
5. What does Amendment 9 arrange for?
6. What does Amendment 4 protect against?
7. Why did the founding fathers replace the Articles of Confederation?
8. What rights does Amendment 8 specify?
9. How does the federal government get the power it has?
10. How did the Constitution initially come to be amended?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Commercial Compromise? What did it result from?
Essay Topic 2
What article does Amendment 11 (1798) change? Why is this amendment significant?
Essay Topic 3
What article does Amendment 16 (1913) change? What is significant about this amendment?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)