|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
2. Some say the government of the U.S. is one in which the people are responsible for self-governing, or what Cullop calls what?
3. Elections give all citizens the opportunity to make their voices known, and to choose the official that would do what?
4. What is the length of a term for a member of the House of Representatives?
5. Article I addresses the legislative branch of government and includes how many sections?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gets credit for writing the Constitution?
2. What does Article VII specify?
3. What is the difference between a direct democracy and an indirect democracy?
4. What is necessary to convict a person of treason?
5. What punishment may an official suffer subsequent to impeachment?
6. What is the branch of government that the authors of the Constitution detail in Article III?
7. What does Amendment 27 arrange for?
8. What are some provisions that Article II stipulates concerning the President's Cabinet?
9. What does Amendment 22 spell out?
10. How did the "Bill of Rights" come about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Great Compromise? What issues did it stem from?
Essay Topic 2
What does Amendment 19 (1920) change? Why is this amendment significant? Prior to ratification, who decided whether to allow what this amendment changed?
Essay Topic 3
Why should Americans study their Constitution? What does Cullop believe are the consequences of being ignorant of it?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)