|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: The Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government does the U.S. have?
2. What is one check on the Supreme Court held by the President?
(a) Appoints Supreme Court justices.
(b) Appoints Supreme Court justices for 10-year terms.
(c) May impeach Supreme Court justices.
(d) Appoints Supreme Court justices with approval of Congress.
3. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
4. What do the states that make up the U.S. constitute?
(a) A community.
(b) A symposium.
(c) A federation.
(d) A confederation.
5. No citizen shall be forced to supply room and board to soldiers except in the time of war, and even then it is only acceptable when what?
(a) Congress passes a law to this effect.
(b) Supreme Court approves.
(c) Congress has declared war by majority rule.
(d) States pass a law to this effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which amendment addresses Congress's inability to prohibit citizens from worshiping how and when they please?
2. How did people eventually refer to this initial document?
3. Under the Articles of Confederation, there would be what?
4. Section 10 of Article I covers power that are denied to whom?
5. Some say the American government is one in which elected officials act on behalf of the people, or what Cullop says is the definition of what?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)