|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III: The Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new Constitution required that which federal branch of government would be responsible for making laws?
(c) Attorney General.
2. Who was the 16th President of the United States?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
3. On what date did the Constitution go into effect?
(a) March 4, 1789.
(b) March 4, 1788.
(c) July 4, 1788.
(d) July 4, 1789.
4. Section 1 of Article I outlines that Congress is comprised of how many bodies of delegates from each state?
5. The U.S. is a group of individual states that afford certain specific duties and responsibilities to which government?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Congress separated into the House of Representatives and the Senate is the result of a dispute termed what?
2. A land region belonging to a government is the definition of what?
3. "Death, as a punishment for a crime, is not considered cruel or unusual as long as " what?
4. The U.S. government is currently located where?
5. Whom was the final draft of the Constitution written by?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)