|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: Amendments Since the Bill of Rights.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. No citizen shall be forced to supply room and board to soldiers except in the time of war, and even then it is only acceptable when what?
(a) States pass a law to this effect.
(b) Supreme Court approves.
(c) Congress has declared war by majority rule.
(d) Congress passes a law to this effect.
2. Which freedom is addressed in Amendment 1?
(a) Congress is prohibited from restricting freedom of the press.
(b) Citizens must only provide room, military provides food.
(c) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in peacetime.
(d) No one must supply room and board to soldiers except in wartime.
3. Amendment 15, Section 1 (1870) stipulates the right of U.S. citizens to vote cannot be taken away for which of the following reasons?
(a) Race, color, previous servitude.
(b) Race, color, or sex.
(c) Race, creed, previous servitude.
(d) Color, creed, previous servitude.
4. What does Amendment 12 (1804) also address the importance of?
(a) Secret ballot.
(b) Electoral vote.
(c) Free vote.
(d) Congressional vote.
5. Amendment 1 includes which freedom?
(a) Inability of Congress to pass a law prohibiting free exercise of religion.
(b) Freedom from unreasonable seizure.
(c) Citizens may seek redress via criminal lawsuits for damaging insults.
(d) Freedom from unreasonable search.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amendment 14, Section 1 (1868) stipulates no state may deny any person, under its government, what?
2. To supply room and board means to what?
3. The arrest, confiscation, or taking one's belongings best describes what term?
4. The main body of the Constitution is separated into how many blocks, known as Articles?
5. What is an assembly?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)