|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry reveal about his mistress's husband in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
2. What does Catalina tell Harry on the night of their wedding that she is anxious to do with him?
3. What does Katherine regrettably begin to notice while awaiting the birth?
4. What does Katherine want to name her future son?
5. According to a rumor that de Fuensalida hears, whom is Harry betrothed to as of 1509?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations does Catalina make about Harry when she is summoned to dine with the family in 1503?
2. How does Katherine dissuade Henry from joining her father in an invasion of the Moors?
3. What does King Henry's mother think of Catalina?
4. What do Katherine and Henry do during the summer of 1509?
5. What change does Katherine notice in Henry when she returns to court in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
6. What tips does the Moorish doctor give Katherine to increase her chances of becoming pregnant?
7. What does Katherine discover which makes her believe Henry has been unfaithful to her?
8. What does Lady Margaret Pole tell Katherine after the death of her son in "Spring 1511"?
9. How does Catalina react when King Henry proposes to her?
10. Why does Henry claim that his affair with Anne Stafford is not a sin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the influence that Katherine's mother has over Katherine. What advice does she give Katherine that Katherine recollects while in England? Why does Katherine seek her mother's words of advice while in England? What do Katherine and Arthur disagree over concerning Katherine's mother?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the death motif in the novel "The Constant Princess". Who dies in the novel and why? How do these deaths, particularly one, affect Katherine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the career of the author of the novel "The Constant Princess", Philippa Gregory. What other works has she written? Does she write in other genres? Is she respected in the literary world? What are some of the characteristics of her writing?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)