|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Prince Charles supposed to marry in 1509?
2. What does Harry want to be known as following the coronation?
3. How does Catalina sustain her household in 1504?
4. According to a rumor that de Fuensalida hears, whom is Harry betrothed to as of 1509?
5. What do Katherine and Henry do in the summer of 1509?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Katherine and Henry decide to name their first-born son and why?
2. What turn of events takes place in 1509, which benefits Catalina?
3. What happens to Catalina's family when her mother dies?
4. What must Catalina reassure Harry of during their wedding night?
5. What happens to Katherine in January 1510?
6. What does Katherine do to get support from Rome against the Scottish raids?
7. How does Catalina go about planning Harry's grandmother's funeral?
8. What observations does Catalina make about Harry when she is summoned to dine with the family in 1503?
9. When Katherine tells Henry that she was not still pregnant after all in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510", what does Henry worry? What does Katherine later pray for?
10. Why does Henry claim that his affair with Anne Stafford is not a sin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles does Katherine hold during her marriages? What duties is she expected to perform?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the influence that Katherine's mother has over Katherine. What advice does she give Katherine that Katherine recollects while in England? Why does Katherine seek her mother's words of advice while in England? What do Katherine and Arthur disagree over concerning Katherine's mother?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel and what are the elements of this kind of genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)