|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the banner Henry reveals say?
2. What does Catalina learn about de Puebla after he is recalled to Spain?
3. What does Catalina do to try to gain the favor of the king and queen during the winter of 1503?
4. What does Catalina's father spend his fortunes on in 1504?
5. How many times a day does Henry often disobey the rules of confinement to visit Katherine and their newborn son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Henry's mother think of Catalina?
2. Describe the coronation.
3. When Katherine tells Henry that she was not still pregnant after all in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510", what does Henry worry? What does Katherine later pray for?
4. What happens to Catalina's family when her mother dies?
5. Why does Henry claim that his affair with Anne Stafford is not a sin?
6. How does Harry react to the news that he is betrothed to Catalina in June 1503?
7. What turn of events takes place in 1509, which benefits Catalina?
8. What does Katherine discover which makes her believe Henry has been unfaithful to her?
9. What do Katherine and Henry do during the summer of 1509?
10. How does Catalina gain the trust of the King? How do his subjects treat her as a result of this trust?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the presence of religion in "The Constant Princess". Is Katherine a religious person? How does religion play a part in the decisions of both Katherine and the King?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the conflicts of the novel "The Constant Princess". What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts involve and affect Katherine? How are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Henry. What does Katherine think of Henry before they marry? Does her opinion of him change as the years go on? How does Katherine's marriage to Henry compare to her marriage to Arthur?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)