|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine learn the leader of the Scottish attackers has been promised should the Scots be victorious?
2. According to the Moorish doctor, what signs might indicate that Katherine is no longer pregnant?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Katherine should do to become pregnant, according to the Moorish doctor?
4. What does Henry NOT do while Katherine conducts some business in the summer of 1509?
5. Why is the doctor unable to examine the Queen in the summer of 1509?
Short Essay Questions
1. What turn of events takes place in 1509, which benefits Catalina?
2. Why is Katherine's participation in battle against the Scots even riskier than it would normally be?
3. How does Catalina go about planning Harry's grandmother's funeral?
4. What happens to Katherine in January 1510?
5. What observations does Catalina make about Harry when she is summoned to dine with the family in 1503?
6. What must Catalina reassure Harry of during their wedding night?
7. How does Catalina react when King Henry proposes to her?
8. What tips does the Moorish doctor give Katherine to increase her chances of becoming pregnant?
9. What change does Katherine notice in Henry when she returns to court in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
10. When Katherine tells Henry that she was not still pregnant after all in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510", what does Henry worry? What does Katherine later pray for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel and what are the elements of this kind of genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the career of the author of the novel "The Constant Princess", Philippa Gregory. What other works has she written? Does she write in other genres? Is she respected in the literary world? What are some of the characteristics of her writing?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Henry. What does Katherine think of Henry before they marry? Does her opinion of him change as the years go on? How does Katherine's marriage to Henry compare to her marriage to Arthur?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)