|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will things change for Harry once his grandmother dies?
2. How does King Henry know it is time to visit Catalina again following his proposal?
3. Whom does Katherine's father send word that he will be invading?
4. What does Catalina pledge to Arthur following her coronation?
5. What change does Katherine notice in Henry in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations does Catalina make about Harry when she is summoned to dine with the family in 1503?
2. What rumor does Catalina's ambassador tell her in 1509? How does she react to this news?
3. What does Lady Margaret Pole tell Katherine after the death of her son in "Spring 1511"?
4. What does Katherine do to get support from Rome against the Scottish raids?
5. How does Catalina react when King Henry proposes to her?
6. What tips does the Moorish doctor give Katherine to increase her chances of becoming pregnant?
7. When Katherine tells Henry that she was not still pregnant after all in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510", what does Henry worry? What does Katherine later pray for?
8. Describe the coronation.
9. What happens to Katherine in January 1510?
10. How does Catalina go about planning Harry's grandmother's funeral?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Henry. What does Katherine think of Henry before they marry? Does her opinion of him change as the years go on? How does Katherine's marriage to Henry compare to her marriage to Arthur?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the influence that Katherine's mother has over Katherine. What advice does she give Katherine that Katherine recollects while in England? Why does Katherine seek her mother's words of advice while in England? What do Katherine and Arthur disagree over concerning Katherine's mother?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel and what are the elements of this kind of genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)