|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Catalina say she thought was coming to her bedroom?
2. What is Catalina's new opinion of Arthur in Chapter 3?
3. On what day is Arthur buried?
4. What roles does Dr. de Puebla take on in Chapter 6?
5. In addition to being a Princess of Spain, what place does Catalina say of which she is also a princess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Catalina and Arthur talk about during their evenings alone together?
2. How does Catalina's mother keep her husband's affairs in check?
3. How does King Henry try to cheer Catalina after her entourage returns to Spain?
4. What does Harry present Catalina with as a wedding gift? What does he ask for in turn?
5. What is promised by the conquering Spaniards in "Granada"?
6. Why do the generals object to Isabella's ruling to build a fortress?
7. Who are Catalina's parents?
8. What political effect does King Henry hope Catalina and Arthur's marriage will have?
9. What does Catalina lament about the letter she receives from her mother?
10. Why does Henry decide to send Arthur away in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel, Tudor England. What are some of the characteristics of this period? How does this period shape the novel? Is the novel an accurate portrayal of Tudor England? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conclusion of the novel "The Constant Princess". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Does the ending stay true to the real historical events? Why might Gregory have chosen to end the story where she does?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the influence that Katherine's mother has over Katherine. What advice does she give Katherine that Katherine recollects while in England? Why does Katherine seek her mother's words of advice while in England? What do Katherine and Arthur disagree over concerning Katherine's mother?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)