|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
2. What is Catalina's sister-in-law named?
3. What does Catalina say she has realized about herself and Arthur?
4. Who is Arthur's younger brother?
5. Where do Catalina and Arthur stop for several days in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catalina think about the future on her way to London?
2. Why does Catalina refuse to tell anyone she is not pregnant for so long?
3. Who are Catalina's parents?
4. What does King Henry fear about Catalina before he meets her?
5. How does Catalina offend her sister-in-law in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
6. What do Catalina and Arthur talk about during their evenings alone together?
7. What happens to the camp Catalina and her family stay in, in "Granada"?
8. Why do the generals object to Isabella's ruling to build a fortress?
9. What is Catalina and Arthur's relationship like at the beginning of the chapter, "Oxford, Christmas 1501"?
10. What does Catalina's mother instruct her to do following Arthur's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles does Katherine hold during her marriages? What duties is she expected to perform?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Arthur. How do they meet and what does Katherine think of Arthur when she first meets him? How does their relationship deepen as time goes on? What topics do they often discuss?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the King's court. What are some of the different positions in the court? What characters in the novel are part of the King's court? What makes Henry's court different from courts that came before and after?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)