|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
2. What does King Henry fear about Catalina?
3. What does Arthur often beg Catalina for at Ludlow?
4. What does Henry offer Catalina her pick of?
5. What does Catalina say she has realized about herself and Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What preparations does Catalina make to welcome Arthur after they reconcile on their way to Ludlow?
2. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira their two options are now that Arthur is dead?
3. For what reason does Catalina tell Doña Elvira she never said anything about her unconsummated marriage?
4. Why is Catalina fearful of meeting Lady Margaret Pole?
5. How does Catalina's mother keep her husband's affairs in check?
6. How does Arthur treat Catalina on their voyage after they leave Oxford?
7. Why does Margaret think Arthur and Catalina should be sent together to Ludlow Castle?
8. What does Catalina lament about the letter she receives from her mother?
9. What does Harry present Catalina with as a wedding gift? What does he ask for in turn?
10. What happens to the camp Catalina and her family stay in, in "Granada"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conclusion of the novel "The Constant Princess". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Does the ending stay true to the real historical events? Why might Gregory have chosen to end the story where she does?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the marriage between Katherine and Henry. What does Katherine think of Henry before they marry? Does her opinion of him change as the years go on? How does Katherine's marriage to Henry compare to her marriage to Arthur?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles does Katherine hold during her marriages? What duties is she expected to perform?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)