|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being a Princess of Spain, what place does Catalina say of which she is also a princess?
2. Which castle is Arthur told to go to in Chapter 3?
3. Catalina will someday be known to the world by what name?
4. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
5. What issue does Catalina ask Lady Margaret for advice about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catalina think of Ludlow Castle?
2. What does Catalina thank Arthur for when they first meet? What is his reply?
3. What do Catalina and Arthur talk about during their evenings alone together?
4. What does King Henry fear about Catalina before he meets her?
5. How does Arthur treat Catalina on their voyage after they leave Oxford?
6. What are Catalina and Arthur's views on a woman leading an army?
7. In "Oxford, Christmas 1501", what does Catalina say she wishes Arthur to realize?
8. What does Catalina's mother instruct her to do following Arthur's death?
9. On her way to London, how does Catalina compare her life to those of her family members?
10. Why does Henry decide to send Arthur away in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Constant Princess". Who are Katherine's family members? Do they help or hinder Katherine during her time as Queen? Who are the members of Arthur and Henry's family? Do they help or hinder Katherine during her stay in England?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of power in the novel "The Constant Princess". Who seeks power? Why does Katherine desire to become Queen? What does she want to do once she becomes Queen? To what lengths does she go to achieve this goal?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the real historical figures that Gregory depicts in the novel. Who are they? Does Gregory depict these figures accurately? Does she change any elements of their lives to further the plot?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)