|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say of Catalina at the reception?
2. What is a battle being fought over at the beginning of "The Constant Princess"?
3. Whom does Lady Margaret blame for her brother's death?
4. What is Catalina wearing when Arthur comes to her room the second time in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Catalina snap her fingers while dancing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira their two options are now that Arthur is dead?
2. How does King Henry try to cheer Catalina after her entourage returns to Spain?
3. What does Catalina think about the future on her way to London?
4. What does King Henry fear about Catalina before he meets her?
5. How does Catalina offend her sister-in-law in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
6. How does Catalina's mother keep her husband's affairs in check?
7. Where is Catalina sent when she is fifteen?
8. What is Catalina and Arthur's relationship like at the beginning of the chapter, "Oxford, Christmas 1501"?
9. What does Catalina have a love for at the palace at Granada?
10. What preparations does Catalina make to welcome Arthur after they reconcile on their way to Ludlow?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Henry goes to great lengths to acquire an annulment from Katherine of Aragon. Discuss how he goes about doing this and why.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Katherine's struggles while adapting to a new country and being away from her family. How does she deal with the homesickness she feels? Is she able to overcome this homesickness? What are some differences that Katherine notes between England and Spain, which takes some getting used to?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles does Katherine hold during her marriages? What duties is she expected to perform?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)