|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina reassure Harry of on their wedding night?
(a) That she loves Harry.
(b) That England will win a war against France.
(c) That she is still a virgin.
(d) That he will be as good a king as his father was.
2. According to the Moorish doctor, what signs might indicate that Katherine is no longer pregnant?
(a) All of the answers are correct.
(b) If she feels nothing.
(c) If she continues her monthly bleeding.
(d) If her breasts are not swollen.
3. What is Catalina's first royal event?
(a) A christening.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A jousting tournament.
4. Why does the King hope that Catalina believes her destiny is to be Queen?
(a) So that he can convince her to marry Harry.
(b) So that she will succeed when finally in the role.
(c) So that she will have more confidence.
(d) So that he may reveal his own thoughts to her.
5. How many times a day does Henry often disobey the rules of confinement to visit Katherine and their newborn son?
(a) Twenty times
(b) Ten times.
(c) Two times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Katherine in January 1510?
2. What does Catalina tell Harry on the night of their wedding that she is anxious to do with him?
3. According to Catalina, what do "old women" have a tendency to do?
4. What does De Puebla send word to Spain for in winter, 1503?
5. Where is Katherine moved to to await the birth in 1510?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Katherine tells Henry that she was not still pregnant after all in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510", what does Henry worry? What does Katherine later pray for?
2. Why does Catalina ask the King about the rule of lineage in the winter of 1503?
3. Why is Katherine's participation in battle against the Scots even riskier than it would normally be?
4. Why does Henry claim that his affair with Anne Stafford is not a sin?
5. What does Katherine do to get support from Rome against the Scottish raids?
6. What do Katherine and Henry decide to name their first-born son and why?
7. How does Catalina react when King Henry proposes to her?
8. What turn of events takes place in 1509, which benefits Catalina?
9. How does Harry react to the news that he is betrothed to Catalina in June 1503?
10. What rumor does Catalina's ambassador tell her in 1509? How does she react to this news?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)