|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a rumor that de Fuensalida hears, whom is Harry betrothed to as of 1509?
(a) Charles's sister, Eleanor.
(b) The Duke of Anjou's daughter.
(c) Anne Boleyn.
(d) Catalina's sister.
2. Why does King Henry's mother suggest that Catalina should be sent home?
(a) Because her dowry is still unpaid.
(b) Because she refuses to remarry.
(c) Because she is not helping with diplomatic ties to Spain.
(d) Because she hasn't earned her place in court.
3. In which month does Katherine learn her son had died?
4. What does the banner Henry reveals say?
(a) Sir True Heart.
(b) The Lion Heart.
(c) Sir Iron Heart.
(d) Sir Loyal Heart.
5. What secret does Katherine conceal as she leads the English army against the Scots?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Her illness.
(c) Her injury.
(d) Her lack of knowledge of naval warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry note about Katherine after seeing her leave confession in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
2. What is the name of Catalina's sister who is heir to the throne?
3. What does Catalina pledge to Arthur following her coronation?
4. How does King Henry know it is time to visit Catalina again following his proposal?
5. Why does Catalina send Doña Elvira away in 1504?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor does Catalina's ambassador tell her in 1509? How does she react to this news?
2. What does King Henry's mother think of Catalina?
3. Describe the coronation.
4. How does Catalina go about planning Harry's grandmother's funeral?
5. How does Catalina gain the trust of the King? How do his subjects treat her as a result of this trust?
6. Why does Catalina ask the King about the rule of lineage in the winter of 1503?
7. What change does Katherine notice in Henry when she returns to court in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
8. What must Catalina reassure Harry of during their wedding night?
9. How does Katherine dissuade Henry from joining her father in an invasion of the Moors?
10. What observations does Catalina make about Harry when she is summoned to dine with the family in 1503?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)