|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catalina show her sister-in-law the sapphire necklace?
(a) To offer it to her as a gift.
(b) To share her happiness.
(c) To make her jealous.
(d) To make her realize Catalina has been accepted by the family.
2. What place does Catalina say she never wants to leave in the first section of "The Constant Princess"?
(b) Her parents' home.
(c) A garden.
(d) Her bedroom.
3. Where is Catalina sent to be married?
4. What is Catalina told not to leave England without?
(a) Her due as Dowager Princess of Wales.
(b) Proof that Arthur is dead.
(c) Papers releasing her from her marriage.
(d) Her title intact.
5. When Catalina meets King Henry, what does she suggest of him?
(a) That he cannot read.
(b) That he is a warmonger.
(c) That he intends to marry her himself.
(d) That he does not like to wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is a battle being fought at the beginning of the novel?
2. Whom did Catalina say she thought was coming to her bedroom?
3. What is the name of Catalina's duenna?
4. What does King Henry fear about Catalina?
5. What is Doña Elvira doing when Catalina tells everyone else to leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Catalina offend her sister-in-law in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
2. What does King Henry note about his wife Elizabeth in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
3. What do Catalina and Arthur talk about during their evenings alone together?
4. What does Catalina lament about the letter she receives from her mother?
5. Why does Margaret think Arthur and Catalina should be sent together to Ludlow Castle?
6. Where is Catalina sent when she is fifteen?
7. On her way to London, how does Catalina compare her life to those of her family members?
8. Whom does Catalina send for immediately upon returning to Croydon Palace after Arthur's death?
9. In "Oxford, Christmas 1501", what does Catalina say she wishes Arthur to realize?
10. What does Catalina thank Arthur for when they first meet? What is his reply?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)