|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina wonder about the house that she is taken to live at on the Strand?
(a) Whether it is fit for a princess.
(b) Whether anyone has died there.
(c) Whether any other princesses have lived there.
(d) Whether she will eventually be imprisoned there.
2. What does Catalina hold to her nose at Arthur's death bed?
(a) A sachet of lavender.
(b) A clove of herbs.
(c) A rose.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. What is Arthur's final request of Catalina?
(a) That she encourage the King to join the battle in Europe.
(b) That she spend the rest of her life at a convent.
(c) That she return to Spain.
(d) That she marry Harry.
4. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
(a) She leaves him a note.
(b) She cries.
(c) She falls asleep on his shoulder.
(d) She smiles when she sees him.
5. When does King Henry say Catalina can return to Spain?
(b) After the war is over.
(c) As soon as a ship is sent for her.
(d) When her dowry is paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catalina's first impression of Arthur?
2. Why does Catalina snap her fingers while dancing?
3. What does Catalina note her mother pawned to pay mercenaries?
4. Why does Catalina insist on meeting Lady Margaret in private?
5. What is a battle being fought over at the beginning of "The Constant Princess"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Catalina send for immediately upon returning to Croydon Palace after Arthur's death?
2. What does King Henry note about his wife Elizabeth in "London, 14th November, 1501"?
3. What preparations does Catalina make to welcome Arthur after they reconcile on their way to Ludlow?
4. In "Oxford, Christmas 1501", what does Catalina say she wishes Arthur to realize?
5. What does Catalina thank Arthur for when they first meet? What is his reply?
6. What do Catalina and Arthur talk about during their evenings alone together?
7. Why do the generals object to Isabella's ruling to build a fortress?
8. Why is Catalina fearful of meeting Lady Margaret Pole?
9. What does King Henry fear about Catalina before he meets her?
10. Why does Catalina refuse to tell anyone she is not pregnant for so long?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)