|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a battle being fought at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is Catalina's new opinion of Arthur in Chapter 3?
(a) He is a sissy.
(b) He is arrogant.
(c) He is devious.
(d) He is emotionally troubled.
3. What does Henry admit about his wife in Chapter 3?
(a) That she deceived him in order to marry him.
(b) That he is not attracted to her.
(c) That he never knows what she is thinking.
(d) That she knows more about ruling a country than he does.
4. What is Catalina unprepared for when she meets Arthur's brother?
(a) His aggression.
(b) His rudeness.
(c) His enthusiasm.
(d) His affection.
5. What does Henry show Catalina to help her get over her homesickness?
(a) His library.
(b) Portraits of her family.
(c) A scenic spot in the woods.
(d) A letter from her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does King Henry say Catalina can return to Spain?
2. What is the name of King Henry's wife?
3. Why does Catalina insist on meeting Lady Margaret in private?
4. What is the continuing journey to Ludlow like for Catalina?
5. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What political effect does King Henry hope Catalina and Arthur's marriage will have?
2. What does Catalina think about the future on her way to London?
3. What does Catalina think of Ludlow Castle?
4. In the chapter, "Oxford, Christmas 1501", how does Catalina vex Arthur after he publicly announces that he will be coming to her room at night?
5. What preparations does Catalina make to welcome Arthur after they reconcile on their way to Ludlow?
6. What does King Henry fear about Catalina before he meets her?
7. Who are Catalina's parents?
8. On her way to London, how does Catalina compare her life to those of her family members?
9. What are Catalina and Arthur's views on a woman leading an army?
10. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira their two options are now that Arthur is dead?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)