|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Catalina's sister go mad in 1504?
(a) Her son is killed.
(b) From a mental illness.
(c) She is accused of a crime.
(d) Her husband dies.
2. What do Katherine and Henry do in the summer of 1509?
(a) Move to a new palace.
(b) Welcome their first child.
(c) Travel for two months.
(d) Declare war on Italy.
3. Whom does King Henry's mother believe would make an acceptable match for Harry?
(a) Blanche Perry.
(b) Anne Fisher.
(d) Katherine Parr.
4. What does Henry NOT do while Katherine conducts some business in the summer of 1509?
(b) Plays tennis.
5. What does Katherine NOT plan personally to teach the baby she is carrying in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) Handling affairs.
(b) The duties of a king.
(c) Of war.
6. What is the name of Catalina's sister who is heir to the throne?
7. What does the banner Henry reveals say?
(a) Sir Iron Heart.
(b) The Lion Heart.
(c) Sir True Heart.
(d) Sir Loyal Heart.
8. How does Katherine dissuade Henry from joining her father's invasion campaign?
(a) By telling him she is pregnant.
(b) By saying her father would sacrifice Henry's army before his own.
(c) By saying his warfare debut should be on a more exciting front.
(d) By telling Henry it would support Spain more to fight the French.
9. Why are Catalina and Harry married quietly?
(a) Out of respect for Arthur.
(b) To keep the public from arguing against the match,
(c) Because the marriage is not approved of by the church.
(d) Out of respect for the recently deceased king.
10. What does Catalina reassure Harry of on their wedding night?
(a) That she loves Harry.
(b) That he will be as good a king as his father was.
(c) That she is still a virgin.
(d) That England will win a war against France.
11. Why is the Moorish doctor confident that Katherine will be pregnant soon?
(a) She is on good terms with her husband.
(b) The whole nation is praying for it.
(c) She is taking the necessary steps for it to happen.
(d) She is young and obviously fertile.
12. Who dies in 1504?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Harry's grandmother.
(c) Catalina's mother.
(d) Catalina's father.
13. How many times a day does Henry often disobey the rules of confinement to visit Katherine and their newborn son?
(a) Ten times.
(b) Two times.
(c) Twenty times
(d) Five times.
14. What job does Katherine take over in 1509?
(a) Managing the kingdom's business.
(b) Organizing celebratory events.
(c) Overseeing the clergy.
(d) Managing the domestic staff.
15. What does Katherine claim Henry's mistress tricked him into believing?
(a) That the mistress was a virgin.
(b) That the mistress is Catholic.
(c) That the mistress was a noblewoman.
(d) That the mistress was with child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine want to name her future son?
2. Why does Henry not believe his affair is a sin?
3. How does Catalina sustain her household in 1504?
4. What does Catalina pledge to Arthur following her coronation?
5. How does King Henry know it is time to visit Catalina again following his proposal?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)