|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Katherine expect the child she is pregnant with to be born in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) Around Christmas.
(b) Around Easter.
(c) Around the Spring Equinox.
(d) Around St. George's Day.
2. What word does Henry use to describe life at court while Katherine was away in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
3. What does Catalina pledge to Arthur following her coronation?
(a) That she will rule then join him in the garden where he waits.
(b) That she will carry out the plans he made as he prepared to be king.
(c) None of the answers is correct.
(d) That in her heart she will never truly be Harry's wife.
4. What does Henry note about Katherine after seeing her leave confession in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) That she must have many things to confess.
(b) That she is much more devout than he is.
(c) That she probably confesses his sins as well.
(d) That she has probably never lied in her life.
5. What does Catalina reassure Harry of on their wedding night?
(a) That England will win a war against France.
(b) That he will be as good a king as his father was.
(c) That she loves Harry.
(d) That she is still a virgin.
6. According to Catalina, what do "old women" have a tendency to do?
(a) Argue against change.
(d) Dislike her.
7. Whom does Katherine believe Henry has had an affair with in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) Elizabeth Bolton.
(b) Mary James.
(c) Jane Hammond.
(d) Anne Stafford.
8. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Katherine should do to become pregnant, according to the Moorish doctor?
(a) Make love on evenings with a full moon.
(b) Ride astride a horse before intercourse.
(c) Eat fruit and vegetables.
(d) Drink water that has been boiled.
9. What does Harry note while making love to Catalina for the first time?
(a) There is not enough resistance.
(b) She seems very uncomfortable.
(c) She is definitely a virgin.
(d) She says Arthur's name.
10. What does Katherine claim Henry's mistress tricked him into believing?
(a) That the mistress was with child.
(b) That the mistress was a virgin.
(c) That the mistress is Catholic.
(d) That the mistress was a noblewoman.
11. What do Katherine and Henry do in the summer of 1509?
(a) Welcome their first child.
(b) Travel for two months.
(c) Declare war on Italy.
(d) Move to a new palace.
12. How does King Henry explain Catalina's stiffness when he hugs her following his proposal?
(a) She is stiff because she is still a virgin.
(b) She is stiff because she is unhappy.
(c) She is stiff because he repulses her.
(d) She is stiff because she is embarrassed.
13. What does Harry want to be known as following the coronation?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Emperor of England.
(c) King Harry.
(d) The High Prince.
14. What does Katherine NOT plan personally to teach the baby she is carrying in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) Of war.
(c) Handling affairs.
(d) The duties of a king.
15. Why do many come to Catalina first when they wish to seek the approval of the King?
(a) They find Catalina more pleasant to deal with.
(b) They know that if Catalina introduces the topic first, the King is more likely to approve.
(c) They want to offend the King by doing so.
(d) They know Catalina is the true ruler of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name is given to Katherine's newborn son in "Spring 1511"?
2. What secret does Katherine conceal as she leads the English army against the Scots?
3. What does Margaret say is the only thing that keeps order at court in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
4. What does King Henry inform his son of in June 1503?
5. Why does Henry not believe his affair is a sin?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)