|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Henry explain Catalina's stiffness when he hugs her following his proposal?
(a) She is stiff because she is embarrassed.
(b) She is stiff because she is unhappy.
(c) She is stiff because she is still a virgin.
(d) She is stiff because he repulses her.
2. In which month does Katherine learn her son had died?
3. Why do many come to Catalina first when they wish to seek the approval of the King?
(a) They know Catalina is the true ruler of England.
(b) They find Catalina more pleasant to deal with.
(c) They know that if Catalina introduces the topic first, the King is more likely to approve.
(d) They want to offend the King by doing so.
4. Why is the doctor unable to examine the Queen in the summer of 1509?
(a) Henry does not trust doctors.
(b) Katherine is afraid of doctors.
(c) No one is allowed to touch her body but the King.
(d) Katherine is in a very delicate state.
5. Why does the King hope that Catalina believes her destiny is to be Queen?
(a) So that she will have more confidence.
(b) So that she will succeed when finally in the role.
(c) So that he can convince her to marry Harry.
(d) So that he may reveal his own thoughts to her.
6. What does Catalina tell Harry on the night of their wedding that she is anxious to do with him?
(a) Have children.
(b) Travel to Spain.
(c) Rule England.
(d) Reform the Church.
7. What do Scottish privateers attack in "Autumn 1513"?
(a) A royal barge.
(b) A Spanish flotilla.
(c) A northern fortress.
(d) An English merchant ship.
8. How does Catalina sustain her household in 1504?
(a) By begging her family to send money.
(b) By selling off land.
(c) With an allowance from the Tudors.
(d) By selling off her plates one at a time.
9. Why does Henry not believe his affair is a sin?
(a) Because his mistress is unmarried.
(b) Because he is a King.
(c) Because he believes his marriage to Katherine is unlawful.
(d) Because he believes God would have stopped it by making him impotent.
10. What does the banner Henry reveals say?
(a) The Lion Heart.
(b) Sir True Heart.
(c) Sir Loyal Heart.
(d) Sir Iron Heart.
11. What word does Henry use to describe life at court while Katherine was away in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
12. What does Catalina's father spend his fortunes on in 1504?
(a) Buying a Dutch prince's kingdom.
(b) The crusades.
(c) Building a new palace.
(d) A war against France.
13. When does Katherine expect the child she is pregnant with to be born in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
(a) Around Easter.
(b) Around Christmas.
(c) Around the Spring Equinox.
(d) Around St. George's Day.
14. According to the Moorish doctor, what signs might indicate that Katherine is no longer pregnant?
(a) If she continues her monthly bleeding.
(b) If she feels nothing.
(c) All of the answers are correct.
(d) If her breasts are not swollen.
15. What does Katherine learn the leader of the Scottish attackers has been promised should the Scots be victorious?
(a) A large plot of land.
(b) The English throne.
(c) The support of the French King.
(d) A castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katherine sit listening for, for an hour in "Greenwich Palace, May 1510"?
2. According to Catalina, what do "old women" have a tendency to do?
3. Why are Catalina and Harry married quietly?
4. What job does Katherine take over in 1509?
5. What happens to Katherine in January 1510?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)