|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
(a) Another camp in its place.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A dam.
(d) A fortress of rock.
2. When Arthur realizes what Catalina did to avoid sleeping with him, what does he vow?
(a) To love her anyway.
(b) Never to speak to her again.
(c) To have her beaten.
(d) To have their marriage annulled.
3. Who pulled Henry's family back to power in the past?
(a) Henry's brother.
(b) Henry's father.
(c) Henry's mother.
(d) Henry's uncle.
4. Who does Stafford say indulges Arthur?
(a) Arthur's father.
(b) Arthur's grandmother.
(c) Arthur's mother.
(d) Arthur's brother.
5. Catalina is told to stay where she is until she is certain of what?
(a) That she will not be able to marry Harry.
(b) That her dowry has been refunded.
(c) That she is not pregnant.
(d) That England is not going to war against Spain.
6. Where do Henry and Arthur travel the day after they inspect Catalina?
7. How is the camp destroyed in Chapter 1?
(a) By a flood.
(b) By a siege.
(c) By a storm.
(d) By fire.
8. What is Catalina told not to leave England without?
(a) Her due as Dowager Princess of Wales.
(b) Her title intact.
(c) Proof that Arthur is dead.
(d) Papers releasing her from her marriage.
9. How many times per month is Arthur officially permitted to visit Catalina's rooms?
(a) Four times.
(c) Twenty times.
(d) Eight times.
10. Who had held a stronger claim to the throne than King Henry did?
(a) The Duke of Anjou.
(b) Perkin Warbeck.
(c) Edward Plantagenet.
(d) Richard Topcliffe.
11. Whom did Catalina say she thought was coming to her bedroom?
(a) Arthur's mother.
(b) A visiting dignitary.
(c) The royal guards.
(d) The entire court.
12. What is the name of King Henry's wife?
13. How old is Catalina when she is sent away to be married?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Seventeen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Fifteen years old.
14. What is Catalina given to survive on while living on the Strand?
(a) An allowance.
(c) An inheritance from Arthur.
(d) Some items to pawn.
15. In addition to being a Princess of Spain, what place does Catalina say of which she is also a princess?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Henry feel about the chance that Catalina is pregnant?
2. In what year does the story begin?
3. What does Lady Margaret say she has been away doing when she meets Catalina?
4. What does Henry say of Catalina at the reception?
5. Where do Catalina and Arthur stop for several days in Chapter 4?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)