|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
(a) She falls asleep on his shoulder.
(b) She smiles when she sees him.
(c) She leaves him a note.
(d) She cries.
2. What does Henry show Catalina to help her get over her homesickness?
(a) A letter from her mother.
(b) Portraits of her family.
(c) A scenic spot in the woods.
(d) His library.
3. What does Catalina tell her sister-in-law that she understands?
(a) Her dislike of England.
(b) The joylessness of life at court.
(c) Her fear of marriage.
(d) The dangers of war.
4. What is Doña Elvira doing when Catalina tells everyone else to leave the room?
(a) Emptying the chamber pot.
(b) Preparing a bath.
(c) Brushing Catalina's hair.
(d) Making the bed.
5. What place does Catalina say she never wants to leave in the first section of "The Constant Princess"?
(b) A garden.
(c) Her parents' home.
(d) Her bedroom.
6. Why does Arthur note he is feeling kindly toward his wife in Chapter 4?
(a) It is her birthday.
(b) The weather has finally turned pleasant.
(c) It is their anniversary.
(d) It is Christmas.
7. What roles does Dr. de Puebla take on in Chapter 6?
(a) Spanish Ambassador.
(b) Father figure to Catalina.
(d) Advisor to the King and Queen of Spain.
8. Whom is Catalina traveling with at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A governess.
(b) Royal guards.
(c) Her parents.
(d) A group of nuns.
9. Whom does Catalina watch depart from a pier in Chapter 3?
(a) English troops.
(b) Her entourage.
(c) King Henry.
10. What is Catalina wearing when Arthur comes to her room the second time in Chapter 4?
11. What change does Dr. de Puebla notice in Catalina?
(a) She has become selfish.
(b) She has become hardened.
(c) She has become dull and listless.
(d) She has become sensitive.
12. Who is Catalina sent to marry?
(a) Prince Henry.
(b) Prince Frederick.
(c) Prince George.
(d) Prince Arthur.
13. Who is Edward Stafford?
(a) The Duke of Buckingham.
(b) The Duke of Essex.
(c) The Duke of Normandy.
(d) The Duke of Norfolk.
14. What does Henry say of Catalina at the reception?
(a) That she is the most beddable woman in the room.
(b) That she looks sickly.
(c) That she is likely acting as a spy for Spain.
(d) That she will make an excellent queen.
15. What is Arthur's final request of Catalina?
(a) That she return to Spain.
(b) That she encourage the King to join the battle in Europe.
(c) That she marry Harry.
(d) That she spend the rest of her life at a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catalina say she must do before going to bed in Chapter 4?
2. Which castle is Arthur told to go to in Chapter 3?
3. How does Arthur treat Catalina unkindly in Chapter 4?
4. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira will happen if they return to Spain?
5. What issue do Catalina and Arthur debate at Ludlow?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)