|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina say she has realized about herself and Arthur?
(a) They have a lot in common.
(b) They are nothing alike.
(c) They will never get along.
(d) They are more friends than they are lovers.
2. What does Henry offer Catalina her pick of?
(a) Puppies from a litter.
(b) Jewelry pieces.
(c) Lands to be granted to her.
(d) New dresses.
3. What does Henry admit about his wife in Chapter 3?
(a) That he is not attracted to her.
(b) That she deceived him in order to marry him.
(c) That he never knows what she is thinking.
(d) That she knows more about ruling a country than he does.
4. Whom is Catalina traveling with at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Royal guards.
(b) Her parents.
(c) A group of nuns.
(d) A governess.
5. When Catalina meets King Henry, what does she suggest of him?
(a) That he cannot read.
(b) That he is a warmonger.
(c) That he does not like to wash.
(d) That he intends to marry her himself.
6. What does Catalina note her mother pawned to pay mercenaries?
(a) Her golden carriage.
(b) Her jewels.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A portrait of her father.
7. Who is Arthur's younger brother?
8. Why does Catalina snap her fingers while dancing?
(a) To draw attention to herself.
(b) As a code to indicate she is bored.
(c) As part of a Spanish dance.
(d) To get Arthur to stop staring.
9. What does Catalina do to avoid sleeping with Arthur in Chapter 4?
(a) Waits for him to fall asleep.
(b) Feigns illness.
(c) Starts an argument with him.
(d) Sneaks out of her room and hides.
10. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
(a) A dam.
(b) Another camp in its place.
(c) A fortress of rock.
(d) A bridge.
11. What does Catalina thank Arthur for?
(a) Promising to be a good husband.
(b) Welcoming her to England.
(c) Writing to her.
(d) Sending her a gift.
12. What is Catalina's new opinion of Arthur in Chapter 3?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is devious.
(c) He is emotionally troubled.
(d) He is a sissy.
13. Who is Catalina sent to marry?
(a) Prince Arthur.
(b) Prince Frederick.
(c) Prince Henry.
(d) Prince George.
14. Where is Catalina sent to be married?
15. What is the name of Catalina's duenna?
(a) Doña Ema.
(b) Doña Eldoria.
(c) Doña Elvira.
(d) Doña Emilia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catalina hope to do when she and her husband rule England?
2. What is the name of King Henry's wife?
3. What is Doña Elvira doing when Catalina tells everyone else to leave the room?
4. What is Catalina wearing when Arthur comes to her room the second time in Chapter 4?
5. How does Arthur tell Catalina he has been acting in Chapter 4?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)