|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Henry feel about the chance that Catalina is pregnant?
2. Why does Catalina snap her fingers while dancing?
(a) To get Arthur to stop staring.
(b) As a code to indicate she is bored.
(c) To draw attention to herself.
(d) As part of a Spanish dance.
3. What is the name of Catalina's duenna?
(a) Doña Emilia.
(b) Doña Eldoria.
(c) Doña Ema.
(d) Doña Elvira.
4. What does Catalina do to avoid sleeping with Arthur in Chapter 4?
(a) Starts an argument with him.
(b) Sneaks out of her room and hides.
(c) Waits for him to fall asleep.
(d) Feigns illness.
5. What does Henry say of Catalina at the reception?
(a) That she is the most beddable woman in the room.
(b) That she looks sickly.
(c) That she is likely acting as a spy for Spain.
(d) That she will make an excellent queen.
6. On what day is Arthur buried?
(a) St. Stephen's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) St. George's Day.
7. What is Catalina given to survive on while living on the Strand?
(b) An allowance.
(c) An inheritance from Arthur.
(d) Some items to pawn.
8. What does Dr. de Puebla recall about Catalina as a child?
(a) Her violent streak.
(b) Her complaining.
(c) Her insensitivity.
(d) Her constant laughter.
9. Who pulled Henry's family back to power in the past?
(a) Henry's uncle.
(b) Henry's brother.
(c) Henry's father.
(d) Henry's mother.
10. Who is Catalina's mother?
(a) Honoria of Spain.
(b) Maria of Spain.
(c) Lucila of Spain.
(d) Isabella of Spain.
11. How old is Catalina when she is sent away to be married?
(a) Seventeen years old.
(b) Fifteen years old.
(c) Twenty years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
12. Whom does Catalina expect to die soon in Chapter 2?
(a) Her father.
(b) Henry Tudor.
(d) Margaret Tudor.
13. What change does Dr. de Puebla notice in Catalina?
(a) She has become sensitive.
(b) She has become dull and listless.
(c) She has become selfish.
(d) She has become hardened.
14. What does King Henry fear about Catalina?
(a) That she is too young.
(b) That she is ugly.
(c) That she is barren.
(d) That she is stupid.
15. What does Catalina thank Arthur for?
(a) Sending her a gift.
(b) Promising to be a good husband.
(c) Writing to her.
(d) Welcoming her to England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Catalina taken to live on the Strand in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Margaret want Arthur and Catalina to go away for the winter?
3. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira will happen if they return to Spain?
4. What is the name of the author of "The Constant Princess"?
5. When Arthur realizes what Catalina did to avoid sleeping with him, what does he vow?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)