|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catalina's first impression of Arthur?
(a) That he is dimwitted.
(b) That he is impatient.
(c) That he is kind.
(d) That he is rude.
2. What does Lady Margaret advise would make Catalina's life easier?
(a) If she learned to speak without a Spanish accent.
(b) If she showed more devotion to God.
(c) If there was a baby on the way.
(d) If she spent more time with her mother-in-law.
3. How many times per month is Arthur officially permitted to visit Catalina's rooms?
(a) Four times.
(b) Twenty times.
(c) Eight times.
4. How does Arthur tell Catalina he has been acting in Chapter 4?
5. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
(a) She falls asleep on his shoulder.
(b) She cries.
(c) She smiles when she sees him.
(d) She leaves him a note.
6. What does Lady Margaret say she has been away doing when she meets Catalina?
(b) Nursing one of her children.
(c) Writing a book.
(d) Missionary work.
7. What does Catalina tell Doña Elvira will happen if they return to Spain?
(a) Catalina will be sent to a convent.
(b) Catalina's family will disown her.
(c) She will be married to a noble of low status.
(d) Doña Elvira will be blamed for Arthur's death.
8. Why does Catalina insist on meeting Lady Margaret in private?
(a) So that Arthur doesn't find out.
(b) Because she does not want to start any gossip.
(c) Because she intends to scold Lady Margaret.
(d) In case there is a scene.
9. When does King Henry say Catalina can return to Spain?
(b) As soon as a ship is sent for her.
(c) After the war is over.
(d) When her dowry is paid.
10. Why does Arthur note he is feeling kindly toward his wife in Chapter 4?
(a) It is Christmas.
(b) The weather has finally turned pleasant.
(c) It is her birthday.
(d) It is their anniversary.
11. What does Dr. de Puebla give Catalina when she returns to Croydon Palace?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A letter.
(c) A pair of gloves.
(d) A scroll.
12. What do Catalina and Arthur enter the church on?
(a) A raised platform.
(b) A red carpet.
(c) A gilded carriage.
13. What does Henry show Catalina to help her get over her homesickness?
(a) A scenic spot in the woods.
(b) A letter from her mother.
(c) His library.
(d) Portraits of her family.
14. Where is a battle being fought at the beginning of the novel?
15. What is the continuing journey to Ludlow like for Catalina?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catalina tell her sister-in-law that she understands?
2. How does Arthur treat Catalina unkindly in Chapter 4?
3. What does Catalina say she has realized about herself and Arthur?
4. Who is Catalina's father?
5. What does Henry decide Arthur should be sent away to learn to do?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)