|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry decide Arthur should be sent away to learn to do?
(a) Hunt and ride.
(b) Behave as an adult.
(c) Rule a principality.
(d) Speak Spanish.
2. What does Catalina hope to do when she and her husband rule England?
(a) Join England and Spain as a single nation.
(b) Preserve peace with Spain.
(c) Declare war on France.
(d) Spend half of her time in Spain.
3. What does Catalina wish for Arthur to know about her?
(a) That she does not want children.
(b) What she hopes for the future.
(c) The hardships she faces as his wife.
(d) What she was like as a child.
4. What is the name of King Henry's wife?
5. How old is Catalina when she is sent away to be married?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Seventeen years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
6. Whom does Catalina expect to die soon in Chapter 2?
(a) Henry Tudor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Margaret Tudor.
7. What does Catalina do that softens the way Arthur treats her in Chapter 4?
(a) She falls asleep on his shoulder.
(b) She cries.
(c) She smiles when she sees him.
(d) She leaves him a note.
8. In addition to being a Princess of Spain, what place does Catalina say of which she is also a princess?
9. What would Catalina's mother do when her father became enamored with other women?
(a) Execute the women.
(b) Threaten her husband.
(c) Have the women arrested.
(d) Marry the women off.
10. What does Catalina thank Arthur for?
(a) Promising to be a good husband.
(b) Welcoming her to England.
(c) Writing to her.
(d) Sending her a gift.
11. What does Lady Margaret say she has been away doing when she meets Catalina?
(a) Missionary work.
(b) Writing a book.
(c) Nursing one of her children.
12. What does Catalina say is not the cause of her tears after Arthur rejects her in Chapter 3?
13. What is a battle being fought over at the beginning of "The Constant Princess"?
14. In 1502, how does Catalina describe the rooms she is housed in at Croydon Palace?
(a) As dingy.
(b) As extravagant.
(c) As fit for a princess.
(d) As lonely.
15. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
(a) A fortress of rock.
(b) A dam.
(c) Another camp in its place.
(d) A bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arthur tell Catalina he has been acting in Chapter 4?
2. Where do Catalina and Arthur stop for several days in Chapter 4?
3. What does Henry offer Catalina her pick of?
4. What do the conquering Spaniards promise to allow?
5. What is a duenna?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)