|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Dogmersfield Palace, Hampshire, Autumn 1501.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catalina note her mother pawned to pay mercenaries?
(a) A portrait of her father.
(b) Her golden carriage.
(c) Her jewels.
(d) A crucifix.
2. What is a duenna?
(a) A tutor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A female relation.
(d) A chaperone.
3. When Catalina meets King Henry, what does she suggest of him?
(a) That he is a warmonger.
(b) That he intends to marry her himself.
(c) That he does not like to wash.
(d) That he cannot read.
4. What does Catalina's mother order to be built in after the camp is destroyed?
(a) A fortress of rock.
(b) A bridge.
(c) A dam.
(d) Another camp in its place.
5. What does Catalina hope to do when she and her husband rule England?
(a) Declare war on France.
(b) Preserve peace with Spain.
(c) Join England and Spain as a single nation.
(d) Spend half of her time in Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Catalina sent to marry?
2. In what year does the story begin?
3. Where is a battle being fought at the beginning of the novel?
4. What place does Catalina say she never wants to leave in the first section of "The Constant Princess"?
5. What building does Catalina describe in Chapter 1?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)