|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Katherine, Queen of England, Summer 1509; Westminster Palace, January 1510.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Catalina and Harry married quietly?
(a) Because the marriage is not approved of by the church.
(b) Out of respect for Arthur.
(c) Out of respect for the recently deceased king.
(d) To keep the public from arguing against the match,
2. What job does Katherine take over in 1509?
(a) Organizing celebratory events.
(b) Managing the domestic staff.
(c) Overseeing the clergy.
(d) Managing the kingdom's business.
3. Who had held a stronger claim to the throne than King Henry did?
(a) Perkin Warbeck.
(b) Edward Plantagenet.
(c) Richard Topcliffe.
(d) The Duke of Anjou.
4. Where do Catalina's parents take her in at the beginning of the novel?
(a) To a convent.
(b) To the battlefield.
(c) To a fort.
(d) To England.
5. What does Dr. de Puebla recall about Catalina as a child?
(a) Her constant laughter.
(b) Her violent streak.
(c) Her complaining.
(d) Her insensitivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Henry's wife?
2. How will things change for Harry once his grandmother dies?
3. What does De Puebla send word to Spain for in winter, 1503?
4. According to the Moorish doctor, what signs might indicate that Katherine is no longer pregnant?
5. What do Catalina and Arthur travel in on their journey to Ludlow?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)