|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Oxford, Christmas 1501.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catalina unprepared for when she meets Arthur's brother?
(a) His enthusiasm.
(b) His rudeness.
(c) His affection.
(d) His aggression.
2. What does Henry show Catalina to help her get over her homesickness?
(a) A letter from her mother.
(b) Portraits of her family.
(c) A scenic spot in the woods.
(d) His library.
3. What does Henry decide Arthur should be sent away to learn to do?
(a) Hunt and ride.
(b) Rule a principality.
(c) Behave as an adult.
(d) Speak Spanish.
4. What does Catalina tell her sister-in-law that she understands?
(a) Her dislike of England.
(b) The joylessness of life at court.
(c) The dangers of war.
(d) Her fear of marriage.
5. When Arthur realizes what Catalina did to avoid sleeping with him, what does he vow?
(a) To have her beaten.
(b) To have their marriage annulled.
(c) To love her anyway.
(d) Never to speak to her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the conquering Spaniards promise to allow?
2. Why does Arthur note he is feeling kindly toward his wife in Chapter 4?
3. What is a battle being fought over at the beginning of "The Constant Princess"?
4. Why does Margaret want Arthur and Catalina to go away for the winter?
5. What is Catalina wearing when Arthur comes to her room the second time in Chapter 4?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)