• In 1491, Catalina travels with her parents, Isabella of Spain and King Ferdinand, on a battlefield.
• The conquering Spaniards promise to allow religious freedom but the promise is soon broken.
• Catalina loves the garden at the palace at Granada and never wants to leave there.
• Catalina is sent at age fifteen to marry Arthur, Price of Wales in England.
Dogmersfield Palace, Hampshire, Autumn 1501
• King Henry insists on inspecting Catalina when she arrives; he fears that she will be ugly or scarred.
• Catalina's first impression of Arthur is that he is kind and handsome.
• Catalina thanks Arthur for writing to her; he says he was made to respond.
• Henry and Arthur travel to Windsor while Catalina travels to London.
• Catalina meets Arthur's younger brother Harry along the way to London. He presents her with a horse as a wedding gift.
• Edward Stafford, Duke of Buckingham accompanies Catalina and Harry...
This section contains 1,477 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)