|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position does Philosophy argue would not even be enough to provide happiness?
2. How does Fortune sometimes appear to be according to Philosophy?
3. What error does Philosophy say men run into?
(a) They go after bodily pleasures first.
(b) They try to buy happiness.
(c) They try to divide happiness.
(d) They try to get rich first.
4. What is Boethius' state of mind after Philosophy finishes her argument about evil men?
5. What does God control no matter the distance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the wicked fail to be happy?
2. What does Philosophy say animals devote themselves to entirely?
3. What does Philosophy say of the bodily pleasures?
4. What would the presence of evil in the world mean for God according to Philosophy?
5. What did God decide from the first moment he created the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should the five goods not be entirely dismissed?
2. How would the desire of bodily pleasures balance themselves out?
3. According to Book IV, how does happiness relate to being powerful or powerless?
4. How are actions their own rewards, as stated in Book IV?
5. How does God use providence?
6. In Book IV, what can be concluded about the wicked being punished?
7. Why do the five goods eventually disappoint their possessors?
8. In light of Christian doctrine, what is the significance of the statement that "there are, some of them extremely harsh, and some, I think, with a purifying mercy"(124)?
9. What does Book III claim about the insufficiency of achieving a high office?
10. What is the conclusion about the happiness and man's participation in happiness?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)