|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new need does a rich man have in the example given by Philosophy?
(a) Big house to live in.
(b) A big pool to entertain.
(c) Numerous servants.
(d) Bodyguards to protect him.
2. What would entail that men have no free will according to Boethius?
(a) God foreknows everything.
(b) God uses Fortune.
(c) Providence is too prevalent.
(d) God uses Fate.
3. Who surrounds Boethius at the start of Book 1?
(b) Prison guard.
(d) Other prisoners.
4. What does Philosophy do after Boethius tells her what he wished about the evil?
(a) She leaves for a while.
(b) She corrects him.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She tells him about his family's sins.
5. What does Philosophy say human beings seek?
(c) Being good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the comment Philosophy make on chance invite from Boethius?
2. Who does Philosophy say was famous for his wicked lifestyle?
3. What does Philosophy say is the next part of the conversation?
4. What does the woman praise Boethius for in Book 1?
5. What does Philosophy find normal concerning the sudden turn of event in Boethius' life?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)