|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is not technically correct to say that God foreknows?
(a) It implies that there is a past in God.
(b) It implies that God is human.
(c) It implies that God is psychic.
(d) It implies that there is a future in God.
2. Why will a man that knows he will sit on a chair sit on the chair?
(a) Because he wants to.
(b) Because it is the only chair.
(c) Because he is tired.
(d) Out of necessity.
3. What does the woman's bearing betray according to Boethius?
(a) How ancient she is.
(b) Who her parents are.
(c) How young she is.
(d) Where she comes from.
4. Who wouldn't care about a politician title away from Rome?
(a) The Saracens.
5. What type of story does Philosophy say pervades history?
(a) Miserable kind.
(b) Bad luck.
(c) Beautiful women.
(d) Good fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Boethius qualify the fact that good men's worldly possessions can be taken away and evil men's possessions can increase?
2. Why is a punishment a blessing for the evil man?
3. What does Philosophy say about Boethius' feelings toward fortune at the start of Book II?
4. What does Philosophy tell Boethius after giving her example of happiness?
5. What does Fortune love to do to men comfortable with their possessions?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)