|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Philosophy borrow the definition of chance she gives Boethius?
2. What does the comment Philosophy make on chance invite from Boethius?
(a) A laugh.
(b) A few moments of silence.
(c) A reflection.
(d) Another question.
3. What does Philosophy say there have been many examples of?
(a) Politicians that really care.
(b) Female politicians.
(c) Good politicians.
(d) Corrupt politicians.
4. How does man live according to Philosophy?
(a) Man shares in God.
(b) Man is temporal and sometimes lives.
(c) Man is temporal and experiences each moment.
(d) Man is eternal.
5. What does Boethius sing about in his cell?
(a) The senate.
(c) The woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philosophy say to Boethius about his blessings?
2. What does Philosophy say about people giving popular acclaim?
3. What does high office often do to the man seeking it?
4. What is the present for God according to Philosophy?
5. What is Boethius' state of mind at the start of Book 4?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)