|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philosophy tell Boethius to be thankful for?
(a) That she is here to keep him company.
(b) That Fortune allowed him to keep his wealth that long.
(c) That his enemy will soon be dead.
(d) That his mind is not bound by the walls around him.
2. What does a poor man need not worry about according to Philosophy?
(a) Finding a wife.
(b) Being robbed.
(c) Being rich.
3. What does the woman praise Boethius for in Book 1?
(a) His former life.
(b) His look.
(c) His business.
(d) His poetry.
4. What does Philosophy say the claim she made about wicked people follows?
(a) What has already been proven.
(b) Boethius arguments
(c) God's rules.
(d) Her intuition.
5. What does Fortune take pleasure in according to Philosophy?
(a) Its greed.
(b) Its resourcefulness.
(c) Its own predictability.
(d) Its unreliability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the imperfect the product of, according to Metaphysics?
2. What does Boethius want to ask Philosophy at the start of Book 5?
3. What topic does Philosophy say is enormous?
4. What does Philosophy tell Boethius to make her point about fortune?
5. What does Philosophy say of the wicked?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)