|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many "Goods" does philosophy talk about when she explains what men usually think is true happiness?
(a) 9 goods.
(b) 4 goods.
(c) 5 goods.
(d) 6 goods.
2. What new need does a rich man have in the example given by Philosophy?
(a) Big house to live in.
(b) A big pool to entertain.
(c) Numerous servants.
(d) Bodyguards to protect him.
3. Why does Philosophy say no-one can truly be happy in life?
(a) Because something is always missing.
(b) Because being fulfilled is arrogant.
(c) God doesn't want happiness in this life for man.
(d) Men are too greedy.
4. What is happiness according to Philosophy's argument?
(a) Converting to Christianity.
(b) Participating in God's divinity through a good life.
(c) Going to church.
(d) Having a good family.
5. What does Lady Philosophy say of the evil person that has power?
(a) He is doubly cursed.
(b) He can do whatever he wants.
(c) He is freedom's enemy.
(d) He has it good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of story does Philosophy say pervades history?
2. How many sources can fame come from according to Philosophy?
3. How tall is the woman that appears in Boethius' cell?
4. What type of man is unmoved by what happens to him, good or bad?
5. What does Philosophy say of honor?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)