|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does high office often do to the man seeking it?
(a) Make him a better man.
(b) Make him rich.
(c) Bring him fame.
(d) Expose his sins.
2. What does Philosophy do after Boethius tells her what he wished about the evil?
(a) She corrects him.
(b) She tells him about his family's sins.
(c) She agrees with him.
(d) She leaves for a while.
3. What does Philosophy say of Fortune?
(a) It is a muse.
(b) It is like a child.
(c) It is a monster.
(d) It is a friend.
4. What is Fortune according to Philosophy?
(a) A force to be ignored.
(b) A part of God.
(c) A minor divinity.
(d) A benevolent force.
5. What type of man is unmoved by what happens to him, good or bad?
(b) The idiot.
(c) The faithful.
(d) The philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philosophy argue would be the reason why a person would see randomness when it is not random?
2. Why is Boethius in jail?
3. Who does the woman compare Boethius to?
4. What is Boethius' first thought on why the woman came in his cell?
5. Why does Boethius suffer according to the woman?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)