|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did God decide from the first moment he created the universe?
(a) Who will be king.
(b) Who will marry who.
(c) Who will be wicked.
(d) How history will unfold.
2. What does the woman think of Boethius' mind?
(a) It has too much to think about.
(b) It is very limited.
(c) It has higher aims than mere poetry.
(d) It has lower aims than philosophy.
3. What does God use to direct things close to him?
(d) His angels.
4. What does Philosophy say of the wicked?
(a) They usually succeed.
(b) They are always punished.
(c) They are usually politicians.
(d) They do not know God.
5. Why does Boethius suffer according to the woman?
(a) Because of his commitment to her.
(b) Because of barbarian invasion.
(c) Because of his son's actions.
(d) Because of his many sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What error does Philosophy say men run into?
2. How is Boethius feeling after the woman's speech about the ups and downs of Fortune?
3. What does Philosophy say to Boethius about his feelings toward Fortune?
4. What does Fortune love to do to men comfortable with their possessions?
5. What does Philosophy say could be wrong with a man of good reputation in her example about not being able to be truly happy?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)