|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the highest possible good according to Philosophy?
(a) Political power.
2. Whose plan does Lady Philosophy argue everything always goes according to?
3. What is Boethius forced to do after hearing Philosophy's arguments?
(b) Remain silent.
(d) Agree with her.
4. What does Philosophy say to Boethius about his feelings toward Fortune?
(a) He should rightfully be upset with Fortune.
(b) He should love Fortune.
(c) He should not unfairly accuse fortune of mistreating him.
(d) He should hate fortune.
5. What claim does Philosophy say is the least convincing?
(a) Boethius can be saved.
(b) Fame brings happiness.
(c) A king can be honorable.
(d) Fame will make you rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fortune love to do to men comfortable with their possessions?
2. What is stitched on the woman's clothes?
3. What does Fortune take pleasure in according to Philosophy?
4. What does Philosophy say of the wicked?
5. Who is the woman in the cell with Boethius?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)