|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the presence of evil in the world mean for God according to Philosophy?
(a) He does not intervene in mortal life.
(b) He only chooses the worthy to receive his blessings.
(c) He wants to maintain some balance.
(d) He is either evil or powerless.
2. What does Philosophy say is the next part of the conversation?
(a) A long part.
(b) A minor part.
(c) A short part.
(d) Its centerpiece.
3. Why does the woman tell Boethius that he is responsible for his situation?
(a) Because he always ran from his responsibilities.
(b) Because he had too much money.
(c) Because he didn't became Emperor when he had the chance.
(d) Because a philosopher does not need books or libraries to be a philosopher.
4. What does Philosophy argue bodily pleasure being identical to happiness would mean for animals?
(a) They would be human.
(b) They would be happy.
(c) Their bodies would be perfect.
(d) They wouln't feel anything.
5. How many sources can fame come from according to Philosophy?
(a) 5 sources.
(b) 3 sources.
(c) 2 sources.
(d) 4 sources.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wouldn't care about a politician title away from Rome?
2. Why does Philosophy praise Boethius' sons?
3. What does Philosophy say about the men only seeking the 5 goods she listed at the start of Book 3?
4. Why is Boethius in jail?
5. What does Philosophy say of man's happiness compared to the happiness of a beast?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)