|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Philosophy say no-one can truly be happy in life?
(a) Men are too greedy.
(b) Because being fulfilled is arrogant.
(c) Because something is always missing.
(d) God doesn't want happiness in this life for man.
2. How tall is the woman that appears in Boethius' cell?
(a) Very small, her head could not reach the table.
(b) Medium size, her arms could touch the ceiling.
(c) Small, she could look Boethius in the eyes.
(d) Tall, her head could penetrate the heavens.
3. According to Philosophy, what does true happiness involve?
(b) Knowing that you did good to your friends.
(c) Political power.
(d) Possessing the single high true good.
4. What does Philosophy tell Boethius not do while she exposes her arguments in Book II?
(a) Pay attention.
(b) Be destitute.
(c) Be happy.
(d) Run away.
5. What does the woman think of Boethius' mind?
(a) It has too much to think about.
(b) It has lower aims than philosophy.
(c) It is very limited.
(d) It has higher aims than mere poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philosophy say was famous for his wicked lifestyle?
2. How many sources can fame come from according to Philosophy?
3. Why does Philosophy justify her saying that Boethius didn't lose anything?
4. What should Boethius keep in mind concerning his money?
5. What does high office often do to the man seeking it?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)