|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does nature ordain everything to do according to Philosophy?
(a) To be kind to one another.
(b) To explore new territory.
(c) To be fruitful.
(d) To seek its own natural goal/end.
2. What does Lady Philosophy qualify herself as a doctor of?
(b) The Soul.
3. What does Philosophy reply when Boethius tells her that his pain is real and tangible?
(a) That she can heal him with her hands.
(b) That she has not gotten to the substance of her treatment.
(c) That the spirit has power over the body.
(d) That she is not a doctor.
4. Why does Philosophy say no-one can truly be happy in life?
(a) Because being fulfilled is arrogant.
(b) God doesn't want happiness in this life for man.
(c) Because something is always missing.
(d) Men are too greedy.
5. What is Boethius eager to continue?
(a) His discussion with Philosophy.
(b) His poetry.
(c) His book.
(d) His readings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philosophy say wealth creates?
2. Who wouldn't care about a politician title away from Rome?
3. What should Boethius keep in mind concerning his money?
4. What does Philosophy say of man's happiness compared to the happiness of a beast?
5. What does Philosophy argue bodily pleasure being identical to happiness would mean for animals?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)