|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fortune according to Philosophy?
(a) A benevolent force.
(b) A minor divinity.
(c) A part of God.
(d) A force to be ignored.
2. Why does Philosophy praise Boethius' sons?
(a) They are staying away from politics.
(b) They have his high morals.
(c) They are senators.
(d) They don't squander money.
3. What does everyone agree is just?
(a) God has little influence on men.
(b) Evil people have all the power.
(c) Punishment of a crime.
(d) Good men deserve to be poor.
4. What does Philosophy say would be exposed if a politician was to leave the city.
(a) His treasury.
(b) His worthlessness.
(c) His love of the country.
(d) His wisdom.
5. What is Boethius' state of mind after Philosophy finishes her argument about evil men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Philosophy comparing God to?
2. Why would God give power to a good man according to Philosophy?
3. What does Philosophy say of honor?
4. What cannot be obtained if sought individually according to Philosophy?
5. What does Philosophy tell Boethius concerning what he thinks about Fortune?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)