|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philosophy tell Boethius concerning what he thinks about Fortune?
(a) He is right.
(b) He is wrong.
(c) He doesn't know what he is talking about.
(d) He is on the verge of finding how to control fortune.
2. What does Philosophy tell Boethius about his situation?
(a) That it is time to try to think of his lasts words.
(b) That it is time to try to escape.
(c) That it is time to stop moping.
(d) That he can cry all he wants.
3. What does Philosophy say human beings seek?
(d) Being good.
4. What claim does Philosophy say is the least convincing?
(a) Fame will make you rich.
(b) A king can be honorable.
(c) Fame brings happiness.
(d) Boethius can be saved.
5. What is truly miserable for an evil man to do, according to Philosophy's argument?
(a) To leave Rome.
(b) To continue his evil ways.
(c) Not to use his power.
(d) To be caught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philosophy say would be exposed if a politician was to leave the city.
2. What is Boethius eager to continue?
3. What does Philosophy say of the wicked?
4. What does Philosophy say could be wrong with a man of riches in her example about not being able to be truly happy?
5. What does Philosophy say of true happiness?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)