|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sources can fame come from according to Philosophy?
(a) 4 sources.
(b) 2 sources.
(c) 5 sources.
(d) 3 sources.
2. Why do the wicked fail to be happy?
(a) God does not recognize them.
(b) They are following the old gods.
(c) They choose the wrong means to be happy.
(d) They are not spreading the word of God around them.
3. What does Philosophy ask Boethius' permission to do?
(a) Proceed slowly and methodically.
(b) Bring his sons in prison.
(c) Take a break.
(d) Free him from prison.
4. Why does Philosophy say no-one can truly be happy in life?
(a) Because being fulfilled is arrogant.
(b) God doesn't want happiness in this life for man.
(c) Men are too greedy.
(d) Because something is always missing.
5. What does Boethius say to Philosophy at the start of Book 3?
(a) That he worries for his sons.
(b) That he feels greatly consoled.
(c) That he needs more comforting.
(d) That she should leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can happen as soon as popular acclaim is given?
2. What does nature ordain everything to do according to Philosophy?
3. What is Boethius' state of mind after Philosophy finishes her argument about evil men?
4. What does Philosophy say to Boethius about his feelings toward Fortune?
5. How many sons does Boethius have?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)