1. Who surrounds Boethius at the start of Book 1?
(b) Other prisoners.
(d) Prison guard.
2. How tall is the woman that appears in Boethius' cell?
(a) Small, she could look Boethius in the eyes.
(b) Tall, her head could penetrate the heavens.
(c) Medium size, her arms could touch the ceiling.
(d) Very small, her head could not reach the table.
3. What does the woman's bearing betray according to Boethius?
(a) How young she is.
(b) Where she comes from.
(c) How ancient she is.
(d) Who her parents are.
4. What type of clothing is the woman wearing?
(a) A trench coat.
(b) A dress.
(d) A toga.
5. What is stitched on the woman's clothes?
(a) The letters Pi and Theta.
(b) A cross and letter Theta.
(c) A star and letter Alpha.
(d) A list of Rome's gods.
6. What does the woman think of Boethius' mind?
(a) It is very limited.
(b) It has lower aims than philosophy.
(c) It has higher aims than mere poetry.
(d) It has too much to think about.
This section contains 4,785 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)