1. Who surrounds Boethius at the start of Book 1?
(a) Prison guard.
(b) Other prisoners.
2. How tall is the woman that appears in Boethius' cell?
(a) Tall, her head could penetrate the heavens.
(b) Medium size, her arms could touch the ceiling.
(c) Small, she could look Boethius in the eyes.
(d) Very small, her head could not reach the table.
3. What does the woman's bearing betray according to Boethius?
(a) Who her parents are.
(b) How young she is.
(c) How ancient she is.
(d) Where she comes from.
4. What type of clothing is the woman wearing?
(a) A trench coat.
(c) A dress.
(d) A toga.
5. What is stitched on the woman's clothes?
(a) The letters Pi and Theta.
(b) A star and letter Alpha.
(c) A cross and letter Theta.
(d) A list of Rome's gods.
6. What does the woman think of Boethius' mind?
(a) It has higher aims than mere poetry.
(b) It has too much to think about.
(c) It is very limited.
(d) It has lower aims than philosophy.
This section contains 4,785 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)