|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must raise the alarm that quickly goes around the farm?
2. With whom does Mehring walk through the property?
3. Why is Mehring unable to get coffee at work?
4. Why can no one find Mehring?
5. To what does Mehring compare getting his leg stuck, pulling to get it out, and then it just coming free?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mehring has a close call under a bridge, which reminds us of one of Mehring's character flaws.
Part 1) What is this flaw?
Part 2) Mehring calls his son a hypocrite? How is he also a hypocrite?
Part 3) How are Mehing and Terry's flaws similar?
Essay Topic 2
The book sheds light on Mehring's relationship with women.
Part 1) Describe his relationship with Antonia.
Part 2) Describe two other incidences in the book in which Mehring comes into contact with women.
Part 3) Based on information from the text, what seems to be Mehring's opinion of women? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jalal is painting peace signs that can be seen by the public.
Part 1) Why is Jalal painting peace signs?
Part 2) How does his father react? Why?
Part 3) What do the peace signs look like at the end of the story? Why?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)