|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mehring walk through the property?
2. To what does Mehring compare getting his leg stuck, pulling to get it out, and then it just coming free?
3. What does Mehring realize about Jacobus?
4. What starts the rain storm?
5. Why do Jacobus and Mehring talk about cattle?
Essay Topic 1
The concept of change is delved into throughout Chapter Seven.
Part 1) What are these changes?
Part 2) Choose one of these changes. Why is it important to the story?
Part 3) Choose another change. Why is it important to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Mehring's relationship with Antonia is a love/hate affair.
Part 1) Describe Antonia.
Part 2) What does Mehring think about his relationship with Antonia?
Part 3) Why does Mehring continue to date Antonia?
Essay Topic 3
A theme in this book is mortality.
Part 1) What is mortality? Give examples from the text that involve this theme.
Part 2) Why is this a theme of the book?
Part 3) How are the characters in this book affected by this theme?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)