|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Izak know the symbol Jalal is painting?
2. Why does Mehring ride in tourist class on a plane ride from Lisbon?
3. What is Izak playing loudly?
4. What do the father and son at the store immediately do when they see Mehring?
5. Why is Mehring easily able to make the issue with the young girl disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mehring say about his hopes for his land when he dies? How does Antonia respond?
2. How is Mehring only charged with "interfering" with the girl and can easily make the issue disappear?
3. How does Jacobus handle the natural disaster without Mehring?
4. What is wrong with Phineas' wife?
5. After speaking to Jacobus, what does Mehring wonder?
6. What can be found at the laborers' celebration?
7. What is Jalal painting?
8. What does Mehring do while he is in the third pasture?
9. How do the Indians react to Mehring being in their store?
10. What does Mehring do, regarding the girl whose father had committed suicide?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of change is delved into throughout Chapter Seven.
Part 1) What are these changes?
Part 2) Choose one of these changes. Why is it important to the story?
Part 3) Choose another change. Why is it important to the story?
Essay Topic 2
The laborers have a celebration.
Part 1) Describe the celebration.
Part 2) Does Mehring take part in the celebration? Why or why not?
Part 3) Why is a celebration good for the laborers?
Essay Topic 3
Mehring enjoys many aspects of the farm.
Part 1) Describe the farm.
Part 2) Why does Mehring own a farm?
Part 3) What does he love about the farm?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)