|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mehring not a true farmer?
2. Describe Terry's personality.
3. What blows garbage from the camps and industrial sites into the air?
4. What is Solomon told about his brother?
5. Who has not been seen for several days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mehring think about as he is resting on the couch?
2. Describe Antonia.
3. Who calls unexpectedly? What do they discuss with Mehring?
4. How do they handle Solomon's situation?
5. What do the children say about the attack on Solomon?
6. What do we learn about Mehring's family?
7. What has happened to Solomon?
8. Why do Mehring and his son argue?
9. What do Mehring's business peers think about his farm?
10. What might be the reason for Mehring's thoughts of his sixteen-year-old son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author strongly hints at "something large" being unearthed by the flood.
Part 1) What is literally being unearthed? Why?
Part 2) What is figuratively being unearthed?
Part 3) How are both of the events handled by Mehring and his farmhands?
Essay Topic 2
Mehring and his son Terry are very different, but also have some similarities.
Part 1) Describe Terry.
Part 2) How are Mehring and Terry different?
Part 3) What are the similarities between Mehring and Terry?
Essay Topic 3
Mehring enjoys many aspects of the farm.
Part 1) Describe the farm.
Part 2) Why does Mehring own a farm?
Part 3) What does he love about the farm?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)