|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mehring roams his four-hundred-acre property, where does he always end up?
(a) At the spare farmhouse.
(b) At the third pasture, where the reeds are.
(c) Back at his farmhouse.
(d) In the barn.
2. What else does Mehring worry about when he looks out the windows?
(a) The possible loss of the water birds.
(b) When Antonia will return.
(c) The loss of his cattle.
(d) The safety of his farmhands.
3. Besides passing through the city, what else must Mehring drive through to get to his property?
(a) A dangerous neighborhood.
(b) A built up Transvaal village.
(c) Several Transvaal villages.
(d) A park.
4. How long has there been a drought?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Eight years.
5. How does Mehring feel when he wakes up?
(b) Momentarily confused,
(d) Wide awake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does he note about the corpse?
2. What does Jacobus do when he returns to the farm?
3. How do Mehring's friends feel about his peaceful life?
4. What does Terry not seem to realize about the South African "system" he mocks?
5. Where do they take Solomon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mehring and his son argue?
2. What does Jacobus learn about available work for the men?
3. What takes place at the meeting being held by Jacobus?
4. What is wrong with the river?
5. Who are Kurt and Emmy?
6. Describe the environment at the beginning of this chapter.
7. Who is Merhring?
8. What do the police do once they are notified about the dead body?
9. Why does Mehring buy the farm?
10. What is the path of the fire?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)