|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does he receive an unexpected phone call and visit?
(a) The police.
(b) The De Beer family.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His family.
2. About what do they speak?
(a) The dead body on his property.
(b) Business in town.
(c) The farm.
(d) Business and the history of the land.
3. What does Jacobus pass out at the meeting with several laborers?
(a) Identification cards.
(c) Important contact information.
4. How does Jacobus recommend Mehring attempt to preserve the body?
(a) Lay the remains in the cellar.
(b) Cover the remains and make sure to keep any stray dogs away.
(c) Call a taxidermist to preserve the remains.
(d) Put the remains in the large freezer in the barn.
5. What does Mehring make himself at the farmhouse?
(a) Some lunch.
(b) A hammock.
(c) New furniture.
(d) A scrapbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Terry's personality.
2. About what is Mehring concerned?
3. What does a fire that starts on De Beer's property also burn?
4. Mehring realizes that the house is wasted, but what is the true value?
5. What makes Mehring's irrigation efforts almost useless?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the farmhands think about what happened to Solomon?
2. What does Mehring think about as he is resting on the couch?
3. How do the Indians feel about the police investigation?
4. Why does Mehring buy the farm?
5. What is wrong with the river?
6. What takes place at the meeting being held by Jacobus?
7. Describe Antonia.
8. What do the children say about the attack on Solomon?
9. How do they handle Solomon's situation?
10. What might be the reason for Mehring's thoughts of his sixteen-year-old son?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)