1. What does Mehring own?
A farm in rural South Africa.
2. Where does Jacobus tell Mehring they found a dead man?
Near the river.
3. Why does Mehring think the body was probably dumped there?
The dead man has no mud on his shoes.
4. What else does he note about the corpse?
It has fairly nice clothes.
5. How does Mehring reach the police?
On the party line telephone.
6. Why does Mehring become annoyed with the police?
They refuse to visit the scene until the next day.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)