|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Antonia distance herself from Mehring?
(a) She does not care for him.
(b) So that she can stay emotionally unattached.
(c) She is married.
(d) She wants to end the relationship.
2. How does Mehring evade the funeral?
(a) By calling on the family later in the week.
(b) By say he is sick.
(c) By sending Antonia in his stead.
(d) By sending a large bouquet and donation to the widow.
3. What is a sign that winter is weakening?
(a) Birds are chirping.
(b) The river is no longer frozen.
(c) Mehring no longer needs his winter coat.
(d) There is a warm wind some afternoons.
4. Who does Mehring think about when his guests leave?
(a) His sixteen-year-old son.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) The corpse on his property.
(d) His home.
5. What does Mehring take as he walks across the compound?
(a) A book.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A bunch of lilies.
(d) A sleeping bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must raise the alarm that quickly goes around the farm?
2. How does Mehring feel when he wakes up?
3. What protects the Indians' fortified enclosure?
4. Why is William in an argument with a woman named Dorcas?
5. Why is Mehring not able to use the river as a water source?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)