|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does he note about the corpse?
(a) It has fairly nice clothes.
(b) It has old, dirty clothing.
(c) It looks old.
(d) It is female.
2. How do the police handle problems in the shantytowns?
(a) They bring powerful weapons and shoot to kill.
(b) They have a zero tolerance policy.
(c) They let the "locals" take care of the problem themselves.
(d) They destroy the shacks in the shantytown whenever possible.
3. Where does Mehring fall asleep?
(a) In his bed.
(b) Inside a sleeping bag.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In the stone outhouse.
4. What does Solomon ask Jacobus?
(a) Why he is beaten and left for dead.
(b) Who saved him from the cold pasture.
(c) Why Jacobus saved him.
(d) If he had actually died in the cold pasture.
5. Why is Mehring not a true farmer?
(a) He does not make a profit off of his farm.
(b) He does not own the farm.
(c) He knows nothing about farming.
(d) He is a citizen of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts the rain storm?
2. What does Mehring do as he watches the storm?
3. What is a sign that winter is weakening?
4. How does Jacobus act as doctor?
5. While he thinks of their sexual liaisons, what does Mehring realize about Antonia?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)