|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mehring notice about awakening on the farm?
(a) The sunshine is bright in his window.
(b) He likes it better when Antonia is with him.
(c) How warm it has become.
(d) He feels more awake than at his apartment in the city.
2. What does Mehring worry about as he looks out the windows?
(a) Whether or not the fire will stop on its own.
(b) When Antonia will return.
(c) How he will pay for repairs on his farm.
(d) The burned willows.
3. Why does Mehring have the farm?
(a) To show off for his business associates.
(b) He loves farming.
(c) To help the local economy.
(d) To have a place where he can truly get away.
4. What is Phineas' wife doing at the celebration?
(a) She is arguing with everyone at the party.
(b) Dancing crazily and describing the animals she can turn into.
(c) She is talking to herself in the corner of the room.
(d) She is drinking heavily.
5. How does Mehring feel as he takes in the scene: river, reeds and willows?
Short Answer Questions
1. What streaks across the sky as Mehring reaches a stone outhouse?
2. What will Terry be missing by staying in the United States with his mother?
3. Where does Mehring lie down and fall asleep?
4. Why does Mehring go back to the farmhouse?
5. Where does Jacobus tell Mehring they found a dead man?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)