|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Mehring worry about when he looks out the windows?
(a) The possible loss of the water birds.
(b) When Antonia will return.
(c) The loss of his cattle.
(d) The safety of his farmhands.
2. What do Mehring, Jacobus and a farmhand try and repair?
(a) A water pump for the cattle.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A fence for the cattle.
(d) The roof on the house.
3. How is Solomon when Jacobus finds him?
(a) He is beaten badly and stripped naked.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He has a broken leg.
4. Why does Mehring become annoyed with the police?
(a) They think he is a suspect.
(b) They want him to send the body to them.
(c) They refuse to leave his property.
(d) They refuse to visit the scene until the next day.
5. Why is Bismillah's living space cramped?
(a) He has little money to spend on housing.
(b) His son and daughter-in-law have recently moved in.
(c) His wife just gave birth to twins.
(d) During the fire he had to move his wares into his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mehring find in Terry's backpack?
2. What does Terry not seem to realize about the South African "system" he mocks?
3. What does Mehring realize about Jacobus?
4. Why can the orange river lilies be seen?
5. What do the farmhands do, regarding Solomon?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)