|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Mehring return?
(a) A trip to Japan.
(b) A trip to the United States.
(c) A trip to his parents' home.
(d) A trip into town.
2. Why can no one find Mehring?
(a) He is by the river.
(b) He is in the cellar.
(c) He is in the deep grass of the third pasture.
(d) He is in his room with the door locked.
3. To what "business" does Mehring try to go back?
(a) Chasing ferrel dogs off his property.
(b) Farming his land.
(c) Training horses.
(d) Stopping some boys from taking native hen's eggs.
4. Why does Mehring ride in tourist class on a plane ride from Lisbon?
(a) He enjoys getting to know the locals.
(b) There is no first class on the plane.
(c) There is no room in first class.
(d) He does not have the money to purchase a first class seat.
5. How does Mehring feel about the policeman's reassurances that it will not reflect badly on him?
(a) He is unconcerned.
(b) He is very worried.
(c) He is confident.
(d) He is somewhat assuaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for Solomon?
2. Why is Mehring not a true farmer?
3. Who is his current girlfriend?
4. What does Mehring despair about in the spare farmhouse?
5. Where does Jacobus find Solomon?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)