|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops by the Indians' store?
2. What does Jacobus reassure the men who do not have proper work papers?
(a) He can help them work in town.
(b) He will get work papers for them.
(c) He will protect them.
(d) They will not be caught.
3. What protects the Indians' fortified enclosure?
(a) Mehring's farmhands.
(c) A high-tech security system.
(d) Fences, roofs and dogs.
4. Why must Bismillah keep alert?
(a) The locals often cannot count the money they shove at him.
(b) The government may come looking for them.
(c) The fire has spread from De Beer's property.
(d) The lawyers may cheat them out of their money.
5. Why is Mehring easily able to make the issue with the young girl disappear?
(a) The girl's family are immigrants and do not want trouble.
(b) The girl's family is of a lower social class and therefore powerless.
(c) He is innocent.
(d) She did not complain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Indians hope to keep officials at bay?
2. Why is Jacobus angry when one of the laborer youths, Izak, comes back from the nearby shantytown?
3. In what car do Mehring and his son ride?
4. Why does Mehring ride in tourist class on a plane ride from Lisbon?
5. Why does Bismillah pace the outside perimeter of the compound?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)