|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Mehring's only chance of seeing his son?
(a) He has no chance of seeing him.
(b) If his son decides to return to South Africa.
(c) If his ex-wife brings her son back.
(d) If he leaves the country to visit him.
2. How does Mehring feel as he takes in the scene: river, reeds and willows?
3. What protects the Indians' fortified enclosure?
(a) Fences, roofs and dogs.
(b) Mehring's farmhands.
(c) A high-tech security system.
4. What is a sign that winter is weakening?
(a) The river is no longer frozen.
(b) Mehring no longer needs his winter coat.
(c) Birds are chirping.
(d) There is a warm wind some afternoons.
5. Who is Antonia?
(a) Mehring's mother.
(b) Mehring's best friend.
(c) Mehring's sister.
(d) Mehring's leftist, anti-capitalist girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bismillah pace the outside perimeter of the compound?
2. Why is Bismillah's living space cramped?
3. Who does Jacobus call as the men look on skeptically and somewhat fearfully?
4. Where is Jacobus' meeting being held?
5. Where is Antonia's husband?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)