1. What does Mehring own?
(a) A farm in rural South Africa.
(b) An automobile dealership in Australia.
(c) A zoo in Cambodia.
(d) A large home in the city.
2. Where does Jacobus tell Mehring they found a dead man?
(a) In a field.
(b) Near a mine.
(c) Near the river.
(d) In his home.
3. Why does Mehring think the body was probably dumped there?
(a) He does not know the man.
(b) It's a quiet place that no one would notice.
(c) The dead man has no mud on his shoes.
(d) There were marks showing it had been dragged.
4. What else does he note about the corpse?
(a) It has old, dirty clothing.
(b) It has fairly nice clothes.
(c) It looks old.
(d) It is female.
5. How does Mehring reach the police?
(a) On the party line telephone.
(b) On a walkie-talkie.
(c) Sends them a telegraph.
(d) Sends Jacobus to tell them.
6. Why does Mehring become annoyed with the police?
(a) They think he is a suspect.
(b) They refuse to leave his property.
(c) They refuse to visit the scene until the next day.
(d) They want him to send the body to them.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)