1. What does Mehring own?
(a) A zoo in Cambodia.
(b) An automobile dealership in Australia.
(c) A large home in the city.
(d) A farm in rural South Africa.
2. Where does Jacobus tell Mehring they found a dead man?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In his home.
(c) Near a mine.
(d) In a field.
3. Why does Mehring think the body was probably dumped there?
(a) It's a quiet place that no one would notice.
(b) He does not know the man.
(c) The dead man has no mud on his shoes.
(d) There were marks showing it had been dragged.
4. What else does he note about the corpse?
(a) It has fairly nice clothes.
(b) It is female.
(c) It has old, dirty clothing.
(d) It looks old.
5. How does Mehring reach the police?
(a) Sends Jacobus to tell them.
(b) On a walkie-talkie.
(c) On the party line telephone.
(d) Sends them a telegraph.
6. Why does Mehring become annoyed with the police?
(a) They think he is a suspect.
(b) They refuse to visit the scene until the next day.
(c) They refuse to leave his property.
(d) They want him to send the body to them.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)