1. What does Mehring own?
(a) A farm in rural South Africa.
(b) A zoo in Cambodia.
(c) An automobile dealership in Australia.
(d) A large home in the city.
2. Where does Jacobus tell Mehring they found a dead man?
(a) Near the river.
(b) In a field.
(c) Near a mine.
(d) In his home.
3. Why does Mehring think the body was probably dumped there?
(a) There were marks showing it had been dragged.
(b) The dead man has no mud on his shoes.
(c) He does not know the man.
(d) It's a quiet place that no one would notice.
4. What else does he note about the corpse?
(a) It is female.
(b) It has fairly nice clothes.
(c) It looks old.
(d) It has old, dirty clothing.
5. How does Mehring reach the police?
(a) Sends them a telegraph.
(b) On a walkie-talkie.
(c) Sends Jacobus to tell them.
(d) On the party line telephone.
6. Why does Mehring become annoyed with the police?
(a) They refuse to leave his property.
(b) They refuse to visit the scene until the next day.
(c) They want him to send the body to them.
(d) They think he is a suspect.
This section contains 5,228 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)