|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Abraham fight with while he drew his last breaths?
2. What happened to the Arab's riches in "The Arab in Persia"?
(a) They were lost on his journey.
(b) They were stolen by the dervishes.
(c) They were offered up to God.
(d) They were buried in the sand.
3. What was the asking price for Jacob?
(a) Four horses.
(b) Five tubs of musk.
(c) Ten camels.
(d) Thirty-five sheep.
4. Who waited anxiously to see Joesph's face when he was up for sale as a slave?
5. What was the fifth valley that the birds had to cross?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dreamed that he was the guide to Bayazid and Tarmazi?
2. What would deprive the birds of everything in the Valley of the Quest?
3. What did God force the angel, who knew his secret about Adam, wear around his neck?
4. To what did the "fool of God" compare the world?
5. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the hoopoe say about audacity being allowed before the Simorgh?
2. What was the definition of justice that the hoopoe gave to the birds?
3. What did the hoopoe say in regard to the length of the quest to see the Simorgh?
4. What did the hoopoe tell the birds to expect in the Valley of Love?
5. According to the hoopoe, why are loyalty and justice put beside "such majesty"?
6. What did the lover of the man who slept all the time write on the note that she attached to his sleeve?
7. What did Mahna's shiekh tell the old woman about how to pray?
8. Describe the Valley of Bewilderment.
9. How did the hoopoe answer the bird that claimed to be satisfied with his spiritual state and, therefore, did not need to go on the quest to see the Simorgh?
10. Describe the stone man.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)