|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal blood did Joseph's brothers stain his cloak with when they threw him in the well?
2. What did Sheikh Ghouri tell Prince Sanjar that he must leave behind if he chose to be the men's enemy?
3. How many starving brothers did Joesph have leave their home to come and stand in his presence and beg for help?
4. What did the prisoners hang as decorations to welcome their king back to the capital?
(a) Orange blooms.
(c) Deceased animals.
(d) Severed heads.
5. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
(c) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Egyptian famine, what did the people beg for as they died?
2. What did the poor man, who lived in a drainage ditch, borrow from his rich neighbor to ride to the mill?
3. What did the "sad, old woman" ask Mahna's shiekh to teach her how to do?
4. What did the dervish ask of God in regard to the famine of Egypt?
5. What was the second test of the journey to find the Simorgh?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the hoopoe, why are loyalty and justice put beside "such majesty"?
2. What was the definition of justice that the hoopoe gave to the birds?
3. Describe the Valley of Unity.
4. Why did the slave not complain about the apple that his king gave to him?
5. What did the hoopoe tell the birds to expect in the Valley of Love?
6. Why was Husain, the son of Ali, killed?
7. According to the story "The Lover Who Wanted to Kill his Beloved," what must one do to be pious and reach the Lord?
8. What did the lover of the man who slept all the time write on the note that she attached to his sleeve?
9. Describe the Valley of Detachment.
10. What were the two things that the Sheikh of Turkestan loved?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)