|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheikh Kherghan said that his misery and pain lie __________.
(a) In his stomach.
(b) In his body.
(c) In his heart.
(d) In his soul.
2. What object struck the naked madman on the head as he was looking for shelter from the cold?
(a) A window shutter.
(b) A frozen apple.
(c) A broken and frozen branch.
(d) A roof tile.
3. Who dreamed that he was the guide to Bayazid and Tarmazi?
(a) A slave of Bayazid and Tarmazi.
(b) The son of Bayazid.
(c) The son of Tarmazi.
(d) A master of the Way.
4. What did the man, who refused to drink, refuse to drink?
(c) Sweet sherbet.
5. What did the "faithless Moslem" and the "faithful infidel" stop at points during their fighting to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the zonnar represent?
2. What did the living people begin to do as death filled the roads during the Egyptian famine?
3. What did Sheikh Ghouri tell Prince Sanjar that he must leave behind if he chose to be the men's enemy?
4. What was the metaphor based upon the following tenet: "When my exchequer has no love to give"?
5. What did the "fool of God" claim would happen to those whose souls did not have feathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the slave not complain about the apple that his king gave to him?
2. How did the hoopoe answer the bird that claimed to be satisfied with his spiritual state and, therefore, did not need to go on the quest to see the Simorgh?
3. Why did the bat wish to see the sun?
4. What did the "faithless Moslem" think about doing when the "faithful infidel" was bent in prayer?
5. What did Mahna's shiekh tell the old woman about how to pray?
6. According to the hoopoe, what happened when one entered the Valley of Insight into Mystery?
7. What did the lover of the man who slept all the time write on the note that she attached to his sleeve?
8. According to the hoopoe, who does the Way belong to?
9. According to the story "The Lover Who Wanted to Kill his Beloved," what must one do to be pious and reach the Lord?
10. What did the hoopoe say about audacity being allowed before the Simorgh?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)