|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the hoopoe describing when he stated the following: "Your palace is a kennel with the rest...is your dungeon after death"?
2. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
(a) Find the man in red and inquire about a room.
(b) Clean the horse stalls.
(c) Sweep the main square.
(d) Follow the white horse of the king.
3. Where did the finch say that he would seek his loved one at?
(a) A well.
(b) A cave.
(c) A tree.
(d) The sky.
4. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) The happiest bird.
(b) The poorest bird.
(c) The purest bird.
(d) The most misunderstood bird.
5. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
(c) The Prophet.
(d) The Muse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Shiekh Noughani ask for from God after seven days had passed during his trip to Neishaspour?
2. What did the hoopoe have on his head?
3. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
4. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
5. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why could the dervish and the princess not be together?
2. What was the meaning behind the story "A Pauper in Love with the King of Egypt"?
3. Why did the hoopoe compare the finch to Moses?
4. What was the hoopoe's response to the partridge's excuse for not wanting to go on the quest for the Simorgh?
5. According to the text, how does an earthly king act?
6. What will the quest do for the birds?
7. Describe the phoenix from the hoopoe's story "The Phoenix."
8. Why did a "cowardly bird" protest going on the quest for the Simorgh?
9. Why was the murderer allowed access into heaven?
10. What happened in China in regard to the Simorgh?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)