|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(b) Giving up his wealth.
(c) Leaving his family.
(d) Giving up his home.
2. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
(a) Near the river by the caves.
(b) In a field overgrown with wild flowers.
(c) A sexual service of men and boys establishment.
(d) In a tree.
3. What did the hoopoe have on his head?
(a) A lion's mane.
(b) A halo.
(c) A list of God's wishes.
(d) Truth's crown.
4. Whose head did Abraham try to cut off?
5. Why did the "indecisive bird" claim that he could not go on the journey to the Way?
(a) His family needed him.
(b) He was a drunk.
(c) He was "broken."
(d) He had obligations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gravedigger said ________ watched him dig graves?
2. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
3. What did Abbasseh say that the Self must choose between?
4. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
5. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem did the hoopoe have with the hawk?
2. What was the "glance of Solomon"?
3. What was the hoopoe's response to the partridge's excuse for not wanting to go on the quest for the Simorgh?
4. What will the quest do for the birds?
5. How did Abbasseh describe the Self?
6. Why could the dervish and the princess not be together?
7. Why did a "cowardly bird" protest going on the quest for the Simorgh?
8. What did the birds decide they needed in a leader?
9. What did Socrates say to his student about burying him?
10. Why was the murderer allowed access into heaven?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)