|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "fruit " of love's great tree?
(b) Washed sins.
2. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
3. What does Bismillah mean?
(a) Holy one.
(c) In the name of God.
4. After the miser's death, he appeared to his son as __________.
(a) A donkey.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A dog.
5. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
(a) He died.
(b) He left the family.
(c) He was murdered.
(d) He was imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lord say clothed the simpleton who walked naked through the crowd?
2. What did the hoopoe say forced a "vicious sinner to repent"?
3. From where did the hoopoe quote the following: "You cannot gain salvation while the things you love remain."
4. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
5. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason did the nightingale give for not wanting to go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. Why was the murderer allowed access into heaven?
3. Describe the phoenix from the hoopoe's story "The Phoenix."
4. What did the birds ask the hoopoe about regarding the Way?
5. According to the text, how does an earthly king act?
6. How did the hoopoe define a lover while he was advising the birds?
7. Why could the dervish and the princess not be together?
8. What happened between Nimrod and the mosquitoes?
9. What happened after the hoopoe was chosen as their leader?
10. What did Socrates say to his student about burying him?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)