|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the nightingale claim that he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. Why is the Way lifeless-according to the hoopoe?
(a) To make the journey as hard as possible.
(b) To allow those on the journey to choose their own path.
(c) To insure that the birds create their own path.
(d) To glorify the king.
3. How many children were in the family of the fisherboy?
4. How did the king honor the fisherboy's friendship?
(a) He bought him a home.
(b) He gave him the throne.
(c) He made him an advisor.
(d) He made him a knight.
5. Whose head did Abraham try to cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
2. Who was Uzza?
3. What did the hoopoe tell the hawk to do when he returned from flight?
4. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
5. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Nimrod and the mosquitoes?
2. Describe the phoenix from the hoopoe's story "The Phoenix."
3. What was the "glance of Solomon"?
4. How did Abbasseh describe the Self?
5. Why could the dervish and the princess not be together?
6. What did the birds ask the hoopoe about regarding the Way?
7. What must the francolin do with his Self?
8. Why did the birds decide that they needed a king?
9. Why did a "cowardly bird" protest going on the quest for the Simorgh?
10. What was the hoopoe's response to the partridge's excuse for not wanting to go on the quest for the Simorgh?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)