|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) He is too arrogant.
(b) He is to proud.
(c) He is too weak.
(d) He is too rich.
2. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
(b) The son of God.
3. What did the hoopoe say forced a "vicious sinner to repent"?
4. How many children were in the family of the fisherboy?
5. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
(c) The Self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
2. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
3. After the miser's death, he appeared to his son as __________.
4. Whom did the hoopoe say the peacock had to crush?
5. What was the hoopoe describing when he stated the following: "Your palace is a kennel with the rest...is your dungeon after death"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Socrates say to his student about burying him?
2. Why did a "cowardly bird" protest going on the quest for the Simorgh?
3. What did the birds decide they needed in a leader?
4. Why could the dervish and the princess not be together?
5. What happened in China in regard to the Simorgh?
6. Describe the parrot's plumage.
7. Why was the murderer allowed access into heaven?
8. What happened between Nimrod and the mosquitoes?
9. What happened after the hoopoe was chosen as their leader?
10. What problem did the hoopoe have with the hawk?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)