|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the judge say must pay for the murdered animal that the rich neighbor lent to the poor man, given the poor man could not pay for the animal (it died while he was borrowing it)?
(a) The judge offerd to pay.
(b) The rich man would have to absorb the loss.
(c) The mother of the poor man.
2. What is the name of the scholar's task that describes the process of determining the actions/sayings of the Prophet Mohammad to be genuine?
3. What did Shah Mahmoud throw onto the heap nearest to his mount?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A ruby.
(c) A coin.
(d) A ring.
4. What object did Joseph strike when he addressed his brothers about selling him into slavery?
(a) A bell.
(b) A bowl.
(c) A throne.
(d) A staff.
5. How many starving brothers did Joesph have leave their home to come and stand in his presence and beg for help?
6. How did Majnoun disguise himself to approach the campground?
(a) In a sheepskin.
(b) As a mystic.
(c) As a beggar.
(d) In a peasant's robe.
7. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
(b) The world.
8. Who was Majnoun searching for in the dust of the highway?
9. To whom did the hoopoe say the Way belonged?
(a) Only those who survive the journey.
(b) Only those whom accept the Simorgh.
(c) Only the pure and strong.
10. According to the beggar in "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz," what would make a beggar an equal to the court?
11. During the Egyptian famine, what did the people beg for as they died?
12. What was the asking price for Jacob?
(a) Five tubs of musk.
(b) Thirty-five sheep.
(c) Ten camels.
(d) Four horses.
13. Why did the lover want to kill his beloved?
(a) She was very ill.
(b) She had been disowned by her family.
(c) She had been banished by her tribe.
(d) She loved another man.
14. What did Shebli wear around his waist?
(a) A rope of thorns.
(b) A heathen's belt.
(c) A vine from a fig tree.
(d) A grape vine.
15. What did the hoopoe say must be empty for the heart to purify itself in the Valley of the Quest?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the peasant in the desert ("Sheikh Mahna and the Peasant"), what hides the musk of the hunted deer?
2. What did the dervish ask of God in regard to the famine of Egypt?
3. What made the man from "A Lord Who Loved a Beer-Seller" long to die?
4. What was the fifth valley that the birds had to cross?
5. In the Valley of Love, what did the falcons search for as they flew?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)