|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) He is too weak.
(b) He is to proud.
(c) He is too arrogant.
(d) He is too rich.
2. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
(a) A demon.
(b) A gnat.
(c) An irrational thought.
(d) A worm.
3. Whom did the heron say that he loved and, therefore, could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) His homeland.
(b) His nest.
(c) His partner.
(d) The sea.
4. Where did God tell Gabriel to find the one who had cast away the Self and had a pure heart?
(a) The mountains.
(d) In Eden.
5. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
(d) The Self.
6. According to the hoopoe, how must man enter and leave the world?
(b) Filled with love.
7. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his wealth.
(b) Giving up his home.
(c) Leaving his family.
(d) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
8. For whom did the hoopoe work as a secret message deliverer?
(d) King Solomon.
9. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
(a) Indecision's prairie.
(b) Truth's valley.
(c) Wisdom's sea.
(d) Fear's peak.
10. What did Malek Dinar claim that he had done after getting bread from God?
(a) Hoarded the bread.
(b) Fed the poor.
(c) Carried out the Evil One's commands.
(d) Fed the birds.
11. Right before leaving on their journey, what did the birds do?
(b) Went to get provisions.
(c) Sang a song.
(d) Chose a leader.
12. What did a Sufi try to buy for nothing in Baghdad?
13. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
14. What did the hoopoe say the quest was for?
15. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
(a) Find the man in red and inquire about a room.
(b) Clean the horse stalls.
(c) Sweep the main square.
(d) Follow the white horse of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what mountain peak did the Simorgh live?
2. What did Shiekh Noughani ask for from God after seven days had passed during his trip to Neishaspour?
3. In what color was the parrot clothed?
4. What does the following mean? "But hide a hundred idols with your cloak; If you're a eunuch underneath, don't dress In clothes of high heroic manliness."
5. How many children were in the family of the fisherboy?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)