|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
(a) Never claim them as your own.
(b) Turn your back on them.
(c) Remember that you will leave them in death.
(d) Shut your eyes to them.
2. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
(a) The hawk.
(c) The hoopoe.
(d) The Simorgh.
3. What does Bismillah mean?
(c) Holy one.
(d) In the name of God.
4. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
5. What did Shiekh Noughani ask for from God after seven days had passed during his trip to Neishaspour?
6. Who did the hoopoe say the francolin had to reject?
(b) The Self.
7. According to the hoopoe, what is it better to suffer with than to live a life in shame?
8. While the hoopoe was telling the birds about the Way, he said he was blessed by_______________.
(c) King Solomon.
9. What leader claimed that he was the lord to his people and the people ignored his claims?
(a) King Saul.
(b) Alexander the Great.
(c) King Solomon.
(d) King David.
10. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
(a) In a field overgrown with wild flowers.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Near the river by the caves.
(d) A sexual service of men and boys establishment.
11. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
(a) A worm.
(b) A demon.
(c) An irrational thought.
(d) A gnat.
12. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
(c) Empty promises.
(d) Earthly treasures.
13. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
(a) The Self.
14. Why is the Way lifeless-according to the hoopoe?
(a) To allow those on the journey to choose their own path.
(b) To glorify the king.
(c) To insure that the birds create their own path.
(d) To make the journey as hard as possible.
15. What did Malek Dinar claim that he had done after getting bread from God?
(a) Fed the birds.
(b) Carried out the Evil One's commands.
(c) Hoarded the bread.
(d) Fed the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
2. What did the hoopoe wear on his breast?
3. How many children were in the family of the fisherboy?
4. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
5. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)