|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his home.
(b) Giving up his wealth.
(c) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(d) Leaving his family.
2. Whom did the hoopoe say the peacock had to crush?
(a) The grape.
(b) The snake.
(d) The lizard.
3. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
(a) Never claim them as your own.
(b) Shut your eyes to them.
(c) Turn your back on them.
(d) Remember that you will leave them in death.
4. After the miser's death, he appeared to his son as __________.
(a) A mouse.
(b) A dog.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
6. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He died.
(c) He left the family.
(d) He was murdered.
7. What happened when the Shiekh Sam'an drank wine?
(a) He forgot about his path.
(b) He lost his faith.
(c) He lost his true love.
(d) He broke his tie to the Simorgh.
8. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
9. What does Bismillah mean?
(b) Holy one.
(d) In the name of God.
10. What did the miserly bird claim to love?
11. Where did the hawk claim to perch daily?
(a) On the branch of the olive tree.
(b) On the soverign's hand.
(c) On the right side of the cross.
(d) At the right hand of God.
12. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
(a) A worm.
(b) A gnat.
(c) An irrational thought.
(d) A demon.
13. What did the hoopoe have on his head?
(a) A list of God's wishes.
(b) Truth's crown.
(c) A lion's mane.
(d) A halo.
14. Where did God tell Gabriel to find the one who had cast away the Self and had a pure heart?
(b) In Eden.
(d) The mountains.
15. What leader claimed that he was the lord to his people and the people ignored his claims?
(a) King David.
(b) King Solomon.
(c) Alexander the Great.
(d) King Saul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the following mean? "But hide a hundred idols with your cloak; If you're a eunuch underneath, don't dress In clothes of high heroic manliness."
2. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
3. What was the "fruit " of love's great tree?
4. What did the hoopoe say forced a "vicious sinner to repent"?
5. On what mountain peak did the Simorgh live?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)