|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
(b) The Self.
2. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
(a) Shut your eyes to them.
(b) Never claim them as your own.
(c) Remember that you will leave them in death.
(d) Turn your back on them.
3. How many birds gathered around the Hoopoe after he was chosen leader for the journey?
(a) Every bird on earth.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) One hundred thousand.
(d) One million.
4. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
(a) Near the river by the caves.
(b) In a tree.
(c) A sexual service of men and boys establishment.
(d) In a field overgrown with wild flowers.
5. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
(b) The world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the hawk claim to perch daily?
2. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
3. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
4. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
5. Who did the hoopoe say the francolin had to reject?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)