|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) The purest bird.
(b) The poorest bird.
(c) The most misunderstood bird.
(d) The happiest bird.
2. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
(a) The Simorgh.
(c) The hoopoe.
(d) The hawk.
3. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
4. What did the king in "The King Who Ordered His Beloved to be Killed" throw in his loved one's hair?
(b) Spun gold thread.
(d) Holy water.
5. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
(a) At God's right hand.
(b) At the furrier's.
(c) In hell.
(d) In heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. God breathed a pure soul into Adam's __________.
2. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
3. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
4. How much timed had passed by the time the birds had reached the mountains of the Simorgh?
5. What did the hoopoe say the quest was for?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)