|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story did the birds tell the herald to justify their worthiness to see the Simorgh?
(a) "A madman seeks shelter".
(b) "A voice speaks to Zulnoon".
(c) 'A king and his slave".
(d) "Majnoun searches for Leili".
2. According to the herald, what "blaze" reduced the soul to unreality?
3. Whom did the woodcutter say that God helps?
(a) Only those whom have seen the light of God.
(b) Only those who do not sin.
(c) Only those whom have accepted him.
(d) All sinners.
4. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
5. What does "si" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the prisoners hang as decorations to welcome their king back to the capital?
2. What did the hoopoe say must be empty for the heart to purify itself in the Valley of the Quest?
3. What quote, from the Koran, did the voice from heaven remind the "faithless Moslem" about?
4. What did everyone refuse to do to Ahmad Hanbal?
5. What keeps travelers from passing through the glorious gate? ("The Ashes of Hallaj")
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)