|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the herald, what "blaze" reduced the soul to unreality?
2. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
(b) The hawk.
(c) The hoopoe.
(d) The Simorgh.
3. What did the hoopoe say was the lure of the falcon?
(b) The hoopoe.
4. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
(a) A cow.
(b) A horse.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A camel.
5. The stone man was known as ___________.
(b) Forgotten dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children were in the family of the fisherboy?
2. How many starving brothers did Joesph have leave their home to come and stand in his presence and beg for help?
3. What quote, from the Koran, did the voice from heaven remind the "faithless Moslem" about?
4. Who was Uzza?
5. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)