|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did falcons fly when they were distressed, in the Valley of Love?
(a) High above the land.
(b) In circles.
(d) Close to the land.
2. Who, according to Nouri, breathes and draws the world to him?
(b) The Simorgh.
(c) The birds.
(d) The mighty whale.
3. What did some of the birds do to rid themselves of the insanity that hunger caused them?
(a) Returned to their home.
(b) They gorged themselves on dust.
(c) They welcomed a natural death.
(d) Committed suicide.
4. Who did the hoopoe say the francolin had to reject?
(d) The Self.
5. What price did Ibrahim Adham pay for poverty?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) His kingdom.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did the hoopoe say the Way belonged?
2. From where did the hoopoe quote the following: "You cannot gain salvation while the things you love remain."
3. What was the "musk-like mole" of the "beauteous youth" compared to in "The King Who Ordered His Beloved to be Killed"?
4. What happened to the Arab's riches in "The Arab in Persia"?
5. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)