|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the Egyptian famine, what did the people beg for as they died?
2. What did the "cowardly bird" say would happen the first time the birds stopped for a rest during the journey?
(a) He would drop dead.
(b) He would never stop.
(c) He would give up.
(d) He would turn around.
3. What does Bismillah mean?
(b) Holy one.
(d) In the name of God.
4. What did the "faithless Moslem" and the "faithful infidel" stop at points during their fighting to do?
5. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
2. What did Abbasseh say that the Self must choose between?
3. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
4. Who was Majnoun searching for in the dust of the highway?
5. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)