|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hoopoe wear on his breast?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) A nail.
(c) The Spirit's Way.
(d) A cross.
2. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) He is too weak.
(b) He is to proud.
(c) He is too arrogant.
(d) He is too rich.
3. What did the dervish ask of God in regard to the famine of Egypt?
(a) For a new king to be sought.
(b) To make fewer men.
(c) To allow for more crops.
(d) For great rains to water the harvests.
4. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
(b) Empty promises.
(c) Earthly treasures.
5. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
(a) A horse.
(b) A donkey.
(c) A camel.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the "faithless Moslem" and the "faithful infidel" stop at points during their fighting to do?
2. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
3. Why did the lover want to kill his beloved?
4. From where did the hoopoe quote the following: "You cannot gain salvation while the things you love remain."
5. How did the king honor the fisherboy's friendship?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)