|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the hoopoe was telling the birds about the Way, he said he was blessed by_______________.
(d) King Solomon.
2. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
(d) The world.
3. What happened when Truth's sunlight cleared the air in the Valley of Insight into Mystery?
(a) All animals helped travelers find their way through.
(b) All travelers saw that they were welcomed.
(c) All paths braided into one.
(d) All travelers were blinded by the brightness.
4. What did the hoopoe have on his head?
(a) A halo.
(b) A lion's mane.
(c) Truth's crown.
(d) A list of God's wishes.
5. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
(c) The Self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sheikh Ghouri tell Prince Sanjar that he must leave behind if he chose to be the men's enemy?
2. What did the turtle-dove wear around his neck?
3. What object struck the naked madman on the head as he was looking for shelter from the cold?
4. What did the man, who refused to drink, refuse to drink?
5. What did Malek Dinar claim that he had done after getting bread from God?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)