|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the living people begin to do as death filled the roads during the Egyptian famine?
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Leave the town.
(d) Rob the king's vaults.
2. What happened to the beggar at the end of "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz"?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) He was banished from the city.
(c) He died.
(d) He married Ayaz.
3. How did Majnoun disguise himself to approach the campground?
(a) In a peasant's robe.
(b) In a sheepskin.
(c) As a beggar.
(d) As a mystic.
4. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
(a) Clean the horse stalls.
(b) Sweep the main square.
(c) Find the man in red and inquire about a room.
(d) Follow the white horse of the king.
5. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sheikh Ghouri take refuge at when he met a "group of crazy fools"?
2. Who did the judge say must pay for the murdered animal that the rich neighbor lent to the poor man, given the poor man could not pay for the animal (it died while he was borrowing it)?
3. How many years did it take for Rabe'eh to travel to Mecca?
4. Who dreamed that he was the guide to Bayazid and Tarmazi?
5. Sheikh Kherghan said that his misery and pain lie __________.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)