|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the beggar in "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz," what would make a beggar an equal to the court?
2. Who did Abraham fight with while he drew his last breaths?
3. What did the living people begin to do as death filled the roads during the Egyptian famine?
(a) Leave the town.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Rob the king's vaults.
4. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
(a) A gnat.
(b) An irrational thought.
(c) A demon.
(d) A worm.
5. What did the hoopoe have on his head?
(a) A list of God's wishes.
(b) A halo.
(c) A lion's mane.
(d) Truth's crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what mountain peak did the Simorgh live?
2. What happened to the Arab's riches in "The Arab in Persia"?
3. Why did the lover lay in exhaustion and sleep in "The Lover Who Slept"?
4. What were the birds told, by the hoopoe, to expect to plunge themselves into upon entering the Valley of Love?
5. How did the bird who questioned the hoopoe about the length of the journey describe the other birds?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)