|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hoopoe wear on his breast?
(a) The Spirit's Way.
(b) A crown of thorns.
(c) A cross.
(d) A nail.
2. What did the turtle-dove wear around his neck?
(a) A ring of loyalty.
(b) A mark of Cain.
(c) A circle of light.
(d) All the colors of the rainbow.
3. What did Shah Mahmoud throw onto the heap nearest to his mount?
(a) A coin.
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A ring.
4. How did falcons fly when they were distressed, in the Valley of Love?
(a) High above the land.
(b) In circles.
(d) Close to the land.
5. Whom did the heron say that he loved and, therefore, could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) His nest.
(b) His partner.
(c) The sea.
(d) His homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would deprive the birds of everything in the Valley of the Quest?
2. What is the name of the scholar's task that describes the process of determining the actions/sayings of the Prophet Mohammad to be genuine?
3. What did Malek Dinar claim that he had done after getting bread from God?
4. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
5. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)