|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Near the river by the caves.
(c) In a field overgrown with wild flowers.
(d) A sexual service of men and boys establishment.
2. What happened to the beggar at the end of "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz"?
(a) He was banished from the city.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He died.
(d) He married Ayaz.
3. What did the "narrator" (the hoopoe) compare the beggar to in the story "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz"?
(a) An ant.
(b) A polo-ball.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A gnat.
4. What did the dervishes renounce in "The Arab in Persia"?
(b) The world.
5. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
(c) The Self.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many valleys did the birds have to cross to find the Simorgh?
2. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
3. While the hoopoe was telling the birds about the Way, he said he was blessed by_______________.
4. What did Shah Mahmoud throw onto the heap nearest to his mount?
5. What did the Lord say clothed the simpleton who walked naked through the crowd?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)