|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the man from "A Lord Who Loved a Beer-Seller" act like a drunkard?
(a) To be closer to the Devil.
(b) To hide his sorrows.
(c) To be near a boy.
(d) To fake his mental unrest.
2. What were the birds told, by the hoopoe, to expect to plunge themselves into upon entering the Valley of Love?
(a) Seas of fire.
(b) Rivers of ice.
(c) Caves of darkness.
(d) A valley of winds.
3. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
(a) The Muse.
(b) The Prophet.
4. What animal was the peasant leading when Sheikh Mahna came across him in the desert?
(a) A camel.
(b) A cow.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A horse.
5. What was the second test of the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) Love's wide valley.
(b) Unity's ice-covered mountains.
(c) Poverty's bleakness.
(d) Mystery's dry plains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object did Joseph strike when he addressed his brothers about selling him into slavery?
2. How many valleys did the birds have to cross to find the Simorgh?
3. What did the living people begin to do as death filled the roads during the Egyptian famine?
4. What is the name of the scholar's task that describes the process of determining the actions/sayings of the Prophet Mohammad to be genuine?
5. What did a Sufi try to buy for nothing in Baghdad?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)