|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the hoopoe was telling the birds about the Way, he said he was blessed by_______________.
(d) King Solomon.
2. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
3. During the Egyptian famine, what did the people beg for as they died?
4. What happened to the Arab's riches in "The Arab in Persia"?
(a) They were buried in the sand.
(b) They were stolen by the dervishes.
(c) They were offered up to God.
(d) They were lost on his journey.
5. What leader claimed that he was the lord to his people and the people ignored his claims?
(a) King David.
(b) King Solomon.
(c) King Saul.
(d) Alexander the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. What did the "narrator" (the hoopoe) compare the beggar to in the story "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz"?
3. What happened when Truth's sunlight cleared the air in the Valley of Insight into Mystery?
4. What did the hoopoe say must be empty for the heart to purify itself in the Valley of the Quest?
5. The bird that burned with aspiration said his soul was devoured by_________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)