|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 120-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many starving brothers did Joesph have leave their home to come and stand in his presence and beg for help?
2. Why is the Way lifeless-according to the hoopoe?
(a) To glorify the king.
(b) To insure that the birds create their own path.
(c) To make the journey as hard as possible.
(d) To allow those on the journey to choose their own path.
3. In what color was the parrot clothed?
4. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) He is to proud.
(b) He is too arrogant.
(c) He is too rich.
(d) He is too weak.
5. Right before leaving on their journey, what did the birds do?
(a) Chose a leader.
(b) Went to get provisions.
(d) Sang a song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
2. What did Abbasseh say that the Self must choose between?
3. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
4. To whom did the hoopoe compare the nightingale?
5. What is the name of the scholar's task that describes the process of determining the actions/sayings of the Prophet Mohammad to be genuine?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)