|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 120-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what color was the parrot clothed?
2. To whom did the hoopoe compare the nightingale?
(a) The choir of Levites.
3. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
(a) The Self.
4. What object struck the naked madman on the head as he was looking for shelter from the cold?
(a) A broken and frozen branch.
(b) A window shutter.
(c) A frozen apple.
(d) A roof tile.
5. What does the following mean? "But hide a hundred idols with your cloak; If you're a eunuch underneath, don't dress In clothes of high heroic manliness."
(a) Pretending is okay with God.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Hide who you really are.
(d) If you are brave, dress brave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did it take for Rabe'eh to travel to Mecca?
2. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
3. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
4. Who dreamed that he was the guide to Bayazid and Tarmazi?
5. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)