|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his home.
(b) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(c) Leaving his family.
(d) Giving up his wealth.
2. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
(a) An irrational thought.
(b) A worm.
(c) A demon.
(d) A gnat.
3. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
(a) Find the man in red and inquire about a room.
(b) Clean the horse stalls.
(c) Follow the white horse of the king.
(d) Sweep the main square.
4. What did Shiekh Noughani ask for from God after seven days had passed during his trip to Neishaspour?
5. Whose head did Abraham try to cut off?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the woodcutter say that God helps?
2. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
3. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
4. According to the hoopoe, how must man enter and leave the world?
5. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)