|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
2. Where did the hawk claim to perch daily?
(a) At the right hand of God.
(b) On the right side of the cross.
(c) On the branch of the olive tree.
(d) On the soverign's hand.
3. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his wealth.
(b) Leaving his family.
(c) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(d) Giving up his home.
4. For whom did the hoopoe work as a secret message deliverer?
(b) King Solomon.
5. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
(a) Empty promises.
(c) Earthly treasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Shebli found when no one in Baghdad could guess where he was?
2. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
3. The gravedigger said ________ watched him dig graves?
4. What did a Sufi try to buy for nothing in Baghdad?
5. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)