|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
(a) He was imprisoned.
(b) He was murdered.
(c) He left the family.
(d) He died.
2. Who did the hoopoe say the francolin had to reject?
(b) The Self.
3. Right before leaving on their journey, what did the birds do?
(a) Chose a leader.
(c) Sang a song.
(d) Went to get provisions.
4. Whom did the hoopoe say the peacock had to crush?
(a) The grape.
(c) The lizard.
(d) The snake.
5. What was the "fruit " of love's great tree?
(b) Washed sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
3. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
4. What did the hoopoe say the quest was for?
5. Why is the Way lifeless-according to the hoopoe?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)