|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
(a) Follow the white horse of the king.
(b) Sweep the main square.
(c) Find the man in red and inquire about a room.
(d) Clean the horse stalls.
2. Why did the "indecisive bird" claim that he could not go on the journey to the Way?
(a) He had obligations.
(b) He was "broken."
(c) His family needed him.
(d) He was a drunk.
3. What does the following mean? "But hide a hundred idols with your cloak; If you're a eunuch underneath, don't dress In clothes of high heroic manliness."
(a) If you are brave, dress brave.
(b) Hide who you really are.
(c) Pretending is okay with God.
(d) Be true to yourself.
4. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
(a) Indecision's prairie.
(b) Truth's valley.
(c) Wisdom's sea.
(d) Fear's peak.
5. What did the hoopoe say the quest was for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
2. After the miser's death, he appeared to his son as __________.
3. What happened to the fisherboy's father?
4. According to the "troubled fool," what entered Nimrod's brain?
5. While the hoopoe was telling the birds about the Way, he said he was blessed by_______________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)