|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the hoopoe say the peacock had to crush?
(a) The lizard.
(b) The snake.
(d) The grape.
2. Why did the nightingale claim that he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
3. What does Bismillah mean?
(c) Holy one.
(d) In the name of God.
4. According to the hoopoe, what is it better to suffer with than to live a life in shame?
5. What did the hoopoe tell the hawk to do when he returned from flight?
(a) Wipe off his back.
(b) Clean himself and his nest.
(c) Remove the dirt from his feathers.
(d) Keep his head down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Shiekh Sam'an see at dawn when he smelled the "musk-diffusing breeze"?
2. What did the Lord say clothed the simpleton who walked naked through the crowd?
3. Where did the hawk claim to perch daily?
4. What did God tell Shiekh Noughani to do in Neishaspour to find a grain of gold?
5. What did Abbasseh say that the Self must choose between?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)