|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 29-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the heron say that he loved and, therefore, could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) His nest.
(b) The sea.
(c) His homeland.
(d) His partner.
2. Where did the finch say that he would seek his loved one at?
(a) A well.
(b) The sky.
(c) A tree.
(d) A cave.
3. According the the Shiekh Sam'an, what did the Self ignore?
(a) The color of Truth.
(b) The power of Pride.
(c) The history of the Fear.
(d) The secrets of the Way.
4. After the miser's death, he appeared to his son as __________.
(a) A dog.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A donkey.
(d) A mouse.
5. What did the hoopoe tell the birds that the journey required?
(a) A follower's heart.
(b) A lion's heart.
(c) A fool's heart.
(d) A beggar's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did the hoopoe compare the nightingale?
2. To whom did the hoopoe compare the finch?
3. Shiekh Sam'an's people left for __________.
4. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
5. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)