|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 29-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hoopoe tell the partridge that he had to destroy?
(c) The Self.
2. In what color was the parrot clothed?
3. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
(a) The poorest bird.
(b) The purest bird.
(c) The happiest bird.
(d) The most misunderstood bird.
4. What did the hoopoe tell the birds that the journey required?
(a) A follower's heart.
(b) A fool's heart.
(c) A lion's heart.
(d) A beggar's heart.
5. Where did the hawk claim to perch daily?
(a) At the right hand of God.
(b) On the right side of the cross.
(c) On the soverign's hand.
(d) On the branch of the olive tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the heron say that he loved and, therefore, could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. What did the hoopoe wear on his breast?
3. To whom did the hoopoe compare the finch?
4. Shiekh Sam'an's people left for __________.
5. Where did the finch say that he would seek his loved one at?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)