|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 29-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of mourning in ancient Persia?
2. To whom did the hoopoe compare the nightingale?
(a) The choir of Levites.
3. Right before leaving on their journey, what did the birds do?
(a) Sang a song.
(b) Chose a leader.
(d) Went to get provisions.
4. With whom, according to the hoopoe, would the pheasant reign?
5. According the the Shiekh Sam'an, what did the Self ignore?
(a) The secrets of the Way.
(b) The power of Pride.
(c) The history of the Fear.
(d) The color of Truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the real reason that the nightingale said he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
2. What leader claimed that he was the lord to his people and the people ignored his claims?
3. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
4. According to the hoopoe, with whom did the pigeon share a goal?
5. Where did the finch say that he would seek his loved one at?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)