|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did the hoopoe work as a secret message deliverer?
(d) King Solomon.
2. What happened when Truth's sunlight cleared the air in the Valley of Insight into Mystery?
(a) All travelers saw that they were welcomed.
(b) All paths braided into one.
(c) All travelers were blinded by the brightness.
(d) All animals helped travelers find their way through.
3. What tied the "beauteous youth" to the king's side?
4. The stone man was known as ___________.
(d) Forgotten dreams.
5. What did the hoopoe say that the partridge's jewels really were?
(b) Empty promises.
(d) Earthly treasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the dervish ask of God in regard to the famine of Egypt?
2. How did the king honor the fisherboy's friendship?
3. How did the bird who questioned the hoopoe about the length of the journey describe the other birds?
4. Who did the judge say must pay for the murdered animal that the rich neighbor lent to the poor man, given the poor man could not pay for the animal (it died while he was borrowing it)?
5. Where did God tell Gabriel to find the one who had cast away the Self and had a pure heart?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)