|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 213-229.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the hoopoe wear on his breast?
(a) A crown of thorns.
(b) A cross.
(c) A nail.
(d) The Spirit's Way.
2. What was wrong with the fruit that the "good-hearted monarch" gave to his favorite slave?
(a) It was worm-filled.
(b) It was bitter.
(c) It was hard.
(d) It was rotten.
3. What did the Lord set before the birds' eyes?
(a) A mirror.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A blooming flower.
(d) A window.
4. What metaphor did the hoopoe use to describe "Self's grown gross"?
(a) A snake on ice.
(b) A rat swollen by gorging.
(c) An elephant stuck in the mud.
(d) A dog that sleeps and feeds.
5. In what color was the parrot clothed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did some of the birds do to rid themselves of the insanity that hunger caused them?
2. What did the "good-hearted monarch" give to his favorite slave?
3. What did the "narrator" (the hoopoe) compare the beggar to in the story "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz"?
4. According to the beggar in "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz," what would make a beggar an equal to the court?
5. Whom did the heron say that he loved and, therefore, could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)