|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 75-120.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
(a) The Self.
2. Where did God tell Gabriel to find the one who had cast away the Self and had a pure heart?
(a) In Eden.
(c) The mountains.
3. What does Bismillah mean?
(c) Holy one.
(d) In the name of God.
4. What did the hoopoe say the quest was for?
5. To whom did the hoopoe compare the nightingale?
(c) The choir of Levites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor did the hoopoe use to describe "Self's grown gross"?
2. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
3. According to the hoopoe, what is it better to suffer with than to live a life in shame?
4. Who was Uzza?
5. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)