|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 120-166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did the hoopoe work as a secret message deliverer?
(c) King Solomon.
2. What did the "cowardly bird" say would happen the first time the birds stopped for a rest during the journey?
(a) He would turn around.
(b) He would give up.
(c) He would drop dead.
(d) He would never stop.
3. In the story of the "Two Foxes," where did one fox say that he would meet up with the other after parting?
(a) In hell.
(b) In heaven.
(c) At God's right hand.
(d) At the furrier's.
4. How many years did it take for Rabe'eh to travel to Mecca?
5. Who did the hoopoe say was "twinned in unison" with God?
(a) The hoopoe.
(b) The Simorgh.
(c) The hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the judge say must pay for the murdered animal that the rich neighbor lent to the poor man, given the poor man could not pay for the animal (it died while he was borrowing it)?
2. What advice did the hoopoe give to the goldfinch about earthly claims?
3. According to the hoopoe, what does one need to destroy to be able to approach the light?
4. What did the duck claim to be as part of his excuse as to why he could not go on the journey to find the Simorgh?
5. How did the king honor the fisherboy's friendship?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)