|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his wealth.
(b) Giving up his home.
(c) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(d) Leaving his family.
2. Why did the Indian King tell Mahmoud that he was crying?
(a) His son had been taken prisoner.
(b) His wife had died.
(c) Thoughts of Judgement Day.
(d) His daughter had been sold illegally into slavery.
3. To whom did the hoopoe say the Way belonged?
(a) Only those who survive the journey.
(c) Only the pure and strong.
(d) Only those whom accept the Simorgh.
4. What did the "faithless Moslem" and the "faithful infidel" stop at points during their fighting to do?
5. How many birds gathered around the Hoopoe after he was chosen leader for the journey?
(a) One hundred thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Every bird on earth.
(d) One million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did God force the angel, who knew his secret about Adam, wear around his neck?
2. What way did pilgrims take when they entered the Valley of Insight into Mystery?
3. What did the hoopoe say forced a "vicious sinner to repent"?
4. How did falcons fly when they were distressed, in the Valley of Love?
5. What did the living people begin to do as death filled the roads during the Egyptian famine?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)