|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the judge say must pay for the murdered animal that the rich neighbor lent to the poor man, given the poor man could not pay for the animal (it died while he was borrowing it)?
(b) The rich man would have to absorb the loss.
(c) The mother of the poor man.
(d) The judge offerd to pay.
2. Why did the man from "A Lord Who Loved a Beer-Seller" act like a drunkard?
(a) To hide his sorrows.
(b) To fake his mental unrest.
(c) To be near a boy.
(d) To be closer to the Devil.
3. According to the beggar in "The Beggar Who Fell in Love with Ayaz," what would make a beggar an equal to the court?
4. What did the "good-hearted monarch" give to his favorite slave?
(a) A kiwi.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pear.
(d) A grape.
5. What did Sheikh Ghouri tell Prince Sanjar that he must leave behind if he chose to be the men's enemy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ahmad Hanbal consult when he felt that his mind was inadequate to answer a question?
2. How did Majnoun disguise himself to approach the campground?
3. What price did Ibrahim Adham pay for poverty?
4. What did the poor man, who lived in a drainage ditch, borrow from his rich neighbor to ride to the mill?
5. To whom did the hoopoe say the Way belonged?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)