|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Valley of Love, what did the falcons search for as they flew?
(a) Their "absent mate."
(b) Their "mating grounds."
(c) Their "dead children."
(d) Their "absent nest."
2. Who dreamed that he was the guide to Bayazid and Tarmazi?
(a) A slave of Bayazid and Tarmazi.
(b) The son of Tarmazi.
(c) A master of the Way.
(d) The son of Bayazid.
3. How did the bird who questioned the hoopoe about the length of the journey describe the other birds?
(a) As weak.
(b) As blind.
(c) As ignorant.
(d) As faithless.
4. To whom did the hoopoe say the Way belonged?
(b) Only those whom accept the Simorgh.
(c) Only those who survive the journey.
(d) Only the pure and strong.
5. How many starving brothers did Joesph have leave their home to come and stand in his presence and beg for help?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the hoopoe say must be empty for the heart to purify itself in the Valley of the Quest?
2. Why is the Way lifeless-according to the hoopoe?
3. God breathed a pure soul into Adam's __________.
4. What did the "fool of God" claim would happen to those whose souls did not have feathers?
5. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)