|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conference of the Birds, pgs. 166-213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the man who swept the streets, whom received the trinket from Shah Mahmoud, say he would do until the day he died?
(a) Eat heartily.
(b) Drink with kings.
(c) Live a life of excess.
(d) Sift through dust heaps.
2. The bird that burned with aspiration said his soul was devoured by_________.
(d) Insatiate zeal.
3. According to the hoopoe, what led those who started along the Way?
4. What does the following mean? "But hide a hundred idols with your cloak; If you're a eunuch underneath, don't dress In clothes of high heroic manliness."
(a) Hide who you really are.
(b) Be true to yourself.
(c) Pretending is okay with God.
(d) If you are brave, dress brave.
5. What did the "cowardly bird" claim was a "useless sacrifice"?
(a) Giving up his wealth.
(b) The deaths of many birds on the journey.
(c) Giving up his home.
(d) Leaving his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did everyone refuse to do to Ahmad Hanbal?
2. According to the story "A Sinner Enters Heaven, who is the only one that can show the end of Wisdom?
3. What were the birds told, by the hoopoe, to expect to plunge themselves into upon entering the Valley of Love?
4. What did Shah Mahmoud throw onto the heap nearest to his mount?
5. Where does one have to enter to have a "wave of indecision flood" them?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)