|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the gift from Ping to Hing come from?
2. What changed in Huangbo's letters after the war?
(a) They were depressed.
(b) They were short.
(c) They were full of Communist rhetoric.
(d) They asked for more money all the time.
3. Where was Ping's husband from?
(c) The village.
(d) The Army.
4. Where was John transferred to for work?
(a) Prince John.
5. How many sisters did Hing have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was demanded of Hing in the lawsuit against her?
2. How did Hing curtail May Ying's bad habit when she moved in?
3. What was May Ying arrested for?
4. What did Guen teach Hing to wash?
5. How did Hing feel about living with Guen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sam die?
2. What did the Communists force Yuen to do?
3. What turned Gok Leng's life around from his trouble causing?
4. How did Hing recognize Yuen without ever meeting him before?
5. What did Yuen say was the most important thing to him in his life?
6. How was Hing able to purchase a house?
7. What did Sam sell of his daughter's, and what did this mean for them?
8. What was the gift Ping gave to Hing, and what did it signify?
9. How did Hing's husband make a living?
10. How did Nan die?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)