|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did May Ying die?
(a) She got an infected cut.
(b) She was in a car accident.
(c) She had the flu.
(d) She had an allergic reaction.
2. How did Yuen hope to get his daughter out of China?
(a) Getting her married to a man outside of China.
(b) Hiding her in a shipping crate.
(c) Paying a ransom.
(d) Forging a birth certificate.
3. What did Gok Lek become a ward of?
(a) Child services.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) Chinese immigration.
(d) The police.
4. How did Yuen feel when Ping got married?
(d) Heart broken.
5. Who was with May Ying while she did not communicate with Hing?
(b) All of these.
(c) Gok Lek.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in China did Denise meet her mother when they traveled?
2. Who wanted to buy Hing a coat when her mother was in Winnipeg?
3. What did Denise say was the purpose for traveling in China with her mother?
4. Who filed a lawsuit against Hing?
5. What did May Ying do to pay for Yuen's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the Communists force Yuen to do?
2. What changed in Huangbo's letters after the war, and why?
3. How did Hing's husband make a living?
4. What did Sam want Ping to do when she left her husband, and why did she not do it?
5. What turned Gok Leng's life around from his trouble causing?
6. What did Sam do for Hing whenever he made a trip to Chinatown?
7. What did Sam sell of his daughter's, and what did this mean for them?
8. How did Nan die?
9. How did Denise find Hing's family?
10. How did Sam die?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)