|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of memories did Hing have of her father while he was away?
(a) Faded memories.
(b) Good memories.
(c) Dangerous memories.
(d) Angry memories.
2. Who smoothed over the blunders made in Sam's business?
(a) May Ying.
3. What did Sam work on when he got to China after leaving Hing?
(a) Investing his money.
(b) Finding a concubine.
(c) Building his house.
(d) Making a son.
4. What kind of threat was in China when Sam went to Canada after his son was born?
5. Where did Sam move May Ying when he returned to Canada?
(a) A hotel.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease was Sam trying to prepare for?
2. What was the name of Hing's sister?
3. How did May Ying often pay her gambling debts?
4. Why did the women working with May Ying tend to wear heavy make up?
5. Who helped Hing choose her new name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sam plan to do for Hing when she turned 5, and why?
2. Why did Hing write letters to Huangbo?
3. What caused years of no available work for Sam?
4. What service did Hing hate doing for her mother in town?
5. How was May Ying able to pay for Sam's return trip to Canada?
6. Why did Sam and May Ying live in Canada instead of America?
7. Why did Hing stop seeing her father when he moved back to China?
8. Where did Sam find May Ying when she failed to come home one night?
9. What made May Ying so popular with the people in Canada?
10. What were Guen's stipulations for giving money to May Ying?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)