|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sold May Ying?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her brother.
2. Where was the man from who bought May Ying?
3. What disease was Sam trying to prepare for?
4. What grade did Hing repeat?
5. Where did May Ying take Hing quite often when she was alone in Canada?
(a) The opera.
(c) The market.
(d) A tea house.
6. How did Sam feel about his son's deformity?
(a) He was embarassed.
(b) He was suspicious.
(c) He loved him anyway.
(d) He felt guilty.
7. How did Sam feel about May Ying's first child?
(a) He hated her.
(b) He was afraid of her.
(c) He loved her.
(d) He was ambivalent about her.
8. Why did Ping not think much of her mother?
(a) She was a prostitute.
(b) She was never around.
(c) She was selfish.
(d) She was not beautiful.
9. Why did May Ying think Sam was an important man when they first met?
(a) He was met with loud applause.
(b) Everyone knew him.
(c) He could afford a concubine.
(d) He ordered a taxi.
10. What surprised May Ying about her third child?
(a) It was deformed.
(b) It was a girl.
(c) It was large.
(d) It was small.
11. What did May Ying make money for?
(a) To buy her freedom.
(b) To get herself back to China.
(c) To get her own house.
(d) To send money to Sam's wife.
12. How old was Shortie Lan when she met May Ying?
13. Who helped Hing choose her new name?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her friend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her teacher.
14. What did Sam name May Ying's third child?
15. Who did May Ying have an affair with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam take May Ying to dinner when they first met?
2. How old was May Ying at the beginning of the book?
3. Who made Hing stay in contact with her sisters?
4. What kind of medicine did Sam get large a stockpile of?
5. What was May Ying sold as?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)