|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did May Ying travel to meet the man who bought her?
(a) She joined a wagon team.
(b) All of the above.
(c) She rode a plane.
(d) She took a ship.
2. How did Hing respond to the lawsuit filed against her?
(a) She paid the money.
(b) She moved.
(c) She had him arrested.
(d) She filed her own lawsuit.
3. What was the name of Hing's sister?
4. What did May Ying do when Sam discovered her affair?
(a) Agreed to move back to China.
(b) Paid a penance.
(c) Moved to Chinatown.
(d) Got a divorce.
5. Why did Doreen drop out of school?
(a) She missed Hing.
(b) She joined the Army.
(c) She failed a class.
(d) She got pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Hing motivated at her vocational school?
2. What were concubines traditionally expected to do in the household?
3. What did Sam think his letter from China was?
4. How did Yuen hope to get his daughter out of China?
5. How did May Ying feel about debt?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)