|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sam's business fail?
(a) Other houses opened up for less.
(b) May Ying was not as beautiful.
(c) People refused to play while Sam was around.
(d) The food was not as good.
2. Where did Nan work during the war?
(a) The docks.
(b) The airport.
(c) The tea houses.
(d) The fields.
3. How did May Ying feel when she may Huangbo cry?
4. How did Sam feel about May Ying's first child?
(a) He was afraid of her.
(b) He was ambivalent about her.
(c) He loved her.
(d) He hated her.
5. How did most Chinese people view Yuen's deformity?
(a) A sign of bad genes.
(b) A sign of past misdeeds.
(c) A sign of improper conceivement.
(d) A sign of bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hing feel when she was given a coat?
2. How did Hing console herself for her broken home?
3. What happened in China when the war broke out?
4. What did Ping say about Huangbo?
5. How did Yuen hope to get his daughter out of China?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)