|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did May Ying make money for?
(a) To buy her freedom.
(b) To get her own house.
(c) To get herself back to China.
(d) To send money to Sam's wife.
2. Where did Hing meet with Ping?
(a) Chang Bar Gin.
(b) Huangbo's grave.
(c) The Hong Kong Market place.
(d) An airport.
3. Why was May Ying evicted from her apartment?
(a) She had a bad cough.
(b) She was late with the rent.
(c) She had gentleman callers.
(d) She was unemployed.
4. Who helped Sam with his saving money?
(a) The government.
(b) The Chinese province.
(c) His wife.
(d) His father.
5. What did Ping say about Huangbo?
(a) She was honorable but quiet.
(b) She was the better of her father's wives.
(c) She was weak.
(d) She was simple minded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did May Ying do to pay for Yuen's house?
2. How long was May Ying in Canada before her third child was born?
3. How did most Chinese families view Nan during the war?
4. What did Sam name May Ying's third child?
5. What was May Ying arrested for?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)