|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sam get a stock pile of medicines in China?
(a) He knew he was sick.
(b) They were unavailable in Canada.
(c) He was worried about his family.
(d) It made him look rich.
2. How did May Ying view Nan?
(a) A key to her past.
(b) A key to her future.
(c) A failed attempt.
(d) A worker.
3. How did May Ying learn that Nan died?
(a) She had a dream visit from Nan.
(b) Huangbo called her.
(c) Sam brought her a letter.
(d) Hing read a letter to her.
4. Why did Denise say she wasn't really Chinese?
(a) She didn't know the language.
(b) Her sisters were dead.
(c) Her father was American.
(d) She was born in Canada.
5. What did Denise say was the purpose for traveling in China with her mother?
(a) To find her relatives.
(b) To get documents.
(c) To arrange for an adoption.
(d) To fulfill a will and testament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam start sending more money to China when he returned to Canada?
2. Who did May Ying have an affair with?
3. Who helped Hing choose her new name?
4. Where did May Ying take Hing quite often when she was alone in Canada?
5. Why did the women working with May Ying tend to wear heavy make up?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)