|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hing respond to the lawsuit filed against her?
(a) She filed her own lawsuit.
(b) She paid the money.
(c) She moved.
(d) She had him arrested.
2. What kind of tournament was May Ying involved in?
(c) Fortune telling.
3. How long did May Ying have to work to re-pay what was spent on her passage?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. Who told Hing about May Ying's death?
(a) Gok Lek.
5. What did Chinese people think of women's wages?
(a) They were for her children.
(b) They were shameful.
(c) They were her husband's property.
(d) They were for personal use.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did May Ying do to pay for Yuen's house?
2. Where did hing meet Doreen?
3. What happened in China when the war broke out?
4. What did Densie say made Hing so sad?
5. What name did Hing choose for herself?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)