|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11 through 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hing put in charge of when her mother returned from Winnipeg?
(a) Feeding the animals.
(b) Paying the rent.
(c) Gok Lek.
(d) Cooking and cleaning.
2. What changed Hing's opinion of her father?
(a) His phone calls.
(b) Her teacher's statements about him.
(c) His letters.
(d) Her mother's words about him.
3. Why were May Ying's visits with her grand kids cut short?
(a) She was depressed.
(b) She was drinking.
(c) She was sick.
(d) She was busy.
4. What pleased Sam about Hing?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her good grades.
(c) Her hatred of her mother.
(d) Her obedience.
5. Why did May Ying refuse to do what concubines were expected to do?
(a) She made money.
(b) She could control the wife.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She had daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of name was Hing told to choose?
2. What was the name of Hing's 5th child?
3. How old was Shortie Lan when she met May Ying?
4. Who helped Sam with his saving money?
5. How did most Chinese people view Yuen's deformity?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)